PDA

View Full Version : Damn you fuel line!

Koll
04-06-2005, 11:08 AM
I was going to port out the TBI unit today. So I got eveything disconnected. all peachy keen. I take off one fuel line. no problem. I go to get the other one off. Its bein a bastard. So I keep goin and its starting to turn the whole tube. After about 1/2 turn I stoped and check and I had twisted the fuel line. ANyways. The outside nut that screws into the one on the carb wont loosen and just the one on the carb does, turning everything. Right now I turned it back and its straightened out again, but I wanna get it off. Ideas?

Untamed
04-06-2005, 11:17 AM
Kroil, comes in an orange can. Put a few drops on the nut, go get a soda, then try it again. Maybe use a rag and pliers on the line to hold it in place while you try the nut again.

Tru2Chevy
04-06-2005, 11:32 AM
Yea, any type of penetrating fluid will work....

- Justin

Fasterthanyou
04-06-2005, 12:49 PM
You need to hold the adaptors and just turn the tube nut. Do what the guys already suggested and you'll also need small o-rings for the tubes, I have a bunch if you need em. I also have some TBI's sitting here I might port and polish. I don't think I'll ever get around to it but I wanted to do a dual TBI BBC.

Untamed
04-06-2005, 02:51 PM
The quick and easy way is to try WD40, however the spray doesn't always make its way down the threads. Kroil is this goopy mess that penetrates threads really well, but takes a few minutes. Works really well on rusted bolts.

Just make sure you hold the lines in place with pliers, but dont clamp down too hard or you'll kink it.

PDubs87Z28
04-06-2005, 09:02 PM
Pipe Break......Loosen rusted bolts on my buddys 68 vette that sat in a barn....if it can loosen those nuts.....it won't have a problem on the gas line nut...plier on the line like the other guys said

enRo
04-06-2005, 09:10 PM
Liquid Wrench... works wonders :)

Ian
04-06-2005, 09:40 PM
Pipe Break......Loosen rusted bolts on my buddys 68 vette that sat in a barn....if it can loosen those nuts.....it won't have a problem on the gas line nut...plier on the line like the other guys said

I assume that is what the PB stands for in PB Blaster. PB Blaster is awesome for that kind of thing. you should give that a shot. If it wasn't a fuel line, I sould say heati it up with a torch to loosen it up, but being as the line is full of gas, i dont think that would be a wise move. :lol:

Koll
04-07-2005, 10:16 AM
Got it. I just used bigger wrenches where I could get more leverage