PDA

View Full Version : Broken AIR Connector?

Untamed
04-06-2005, 09:59 PM
Hey guys, while removing some parts I put too much pressure on something and managed to break it. It prevented me from going head first into the valve cover, however the part doesnt look fixable.

You can see a pic of it here: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/772583/2 Its the second pic on the page, just to the right of the oil fill on the valve cover.

What is that thing? The rubber boot was screwed onto the brass-looking piece. The threads were rusted through and broke off inside the rubber boot. Is the metal threaded piece (whatever it is) replaceable? What is it called?

HardcoreZ28
04-07-2005, 07:53 AM
Dave,
Does the brass looking piece thread onto the steel collector for the AIR tubes? If so you can probably get the bronze piece at a junkyard for cheap and either get the air diverter valve there or they are still available at parts stores I believe. If it's not threaded on you may have to get a set of air tubes off an old manifold and cut the fitting off both pieces and tig weld it onto your manifold...or get a junkyard manifold.

I really don't remember how that piece is on there....I removed my stock manifolds soooooo long ago.

Untamed
04-07-2005, 02:30 PM
Maybe a used set of headers from someone in the club is the best way to go. I enjoy junkyards, but have never worked on an exhaust system. Welding? Only thing I know about welding is to make sure I dont look directly at the bright light. :P