PDA

View Full Version : speaker and amp questions

wrong generation
04-06-2005, 11:22 PM
ok iv got 2 amps that im trying to figure out what to do with one is a 200 watt 4channel rampage amp and the other is a 300 watt 1 channel vr3 amp. iv also got all the wires and cables needed to hook them up "its great having friends with garage shelves to store things to collect dust" "i got pretty much a complete system that way" hehe now if only i didnt drive over the speakrs ok so now back to my questions.

1. can i hook the 1channel 300 watt amp to my cd player? will it help my cd player out at all ?

2.the 4channel 200 watt amp i figure that will put about 50 watts per speaker how do you hook them up to the speakers? do you spice the wires and then run them into the amp then then back into the cd player?

3. where is the best place mount am amp that its out of the way ? under the seats ? behind the dash ?

4. i really dont wanna screw any holes into my car so can i use velcrow or somthing for the amps or will they detach from that to ez on bumpy roads? no rear shocks so just about every road is a bumpy road lol

deadtrend1
04-07-2005, 07:10 PM
1. can i hook the 1channel 300 watt amp to my cd player? will it help my cd player out at all ?

What cd-player do you have?? If you have a aftermarket, then get a subwoofer and hook it to the subwoofer line out of your aftermarket. Whay year and car do you have.

2.the 4channel 200 watt amp i figure that will put about 50 watts per speaker how do you hook them up to the speakers? do you spice the wires and then run them into the amp then then back into the cd player?

Rampage amps arent number one on consumer reports though. 50 watts MAX a channel is what youll get, but in actuality your going to be around 20-22 watts constantly, maybe less with that amp. Depending on what your setup is going to be, weather your going to use line level inputs or RCA inputs, you splice into the speakers.

3. where is the best place mount am amp that its out of the way ? under the seats ? behind the dash ?

I built a rack in my backseat of my old bird, similar to prevost's design. At one point I had both my amps under my seats, its a bitch cause there isnt much room.

4. i really dont wanna screw any holes into my car so can i use velcrow or somthing for the amps or will they detach from that to ez on bumpy roads? no rear shocks so just about every road is a bumpy road lol

Depending on where you mount it, I would use screws. But you have to figure out question 3 first. And get shocks.... :)

wrong generation
04-07-2005, 10:12 PM
lol ya i know rampage amps arnt that great but hell free is free

my head unit is a blaupunkt rpd552

year and car = 86 trans am

as far as subs go i dont have any yet hell i dont even have decent speakers due to i ran them over :cry: but id like to get the Qlogic sub box and get 2 subs for that if i can ever find a used one anyways.

also question number #5 & #6

5. do you think my alternator will be able to handle these 2 amps with out any trouble "if it helps i no longer have my ac "

6. is there any places on the firewall of my car where i can get the power tires threw to the battery or am i sorta sol as far as that goes ?

78camaro
04-08-2005, 12:05 AM
lol ya i know rampage amps arnt that great but hell free is free

my head unit is a blaupunkt rpd552

year and car = 86 trans am

as far as subs go i dont have any yet hell i dont even have decent speakers due to i ran them over Â*:cry: Â* but id like to get the Qlogic sub box and get 2 subs for that if i can ever find a used one anyways.

also question number #5 & #6

5. do you think my alternator will be able to handle these 2 amps with out any trouble "if it helps i no longer have my ac "

6. is there any places on the firewall of my car where i can get the power tires threw to the battery or am i sorta sol Â*as far as that goes ?

friend of mine has 2 alpine type R subs 10inch in a enclosed box and an alpine mono amp wanst 400 for everything but if you just wnat subs i can work you out a deal

wrong generation
04-08-2005, 08:56 AM
right now im not looking for subs id like to get a qlogic box first but if you can get me a really really good deal on the subs id think about it .