PDA

View Full Version : Update on car

IROCdan330
04-08-2005, 04:12 PM
im happy. finally the car went in today. Â*so far ive removed the intake/MAF, drained oil and coolant, removed the driveshaft, and loosened the collector bolts...monday after school or tuesday at class i will drop the exhaust completely...and begin disconnecting stuff. Â*should i pull the crap out of the engine as an assembly or should i take it off (ie alternator power steering pump etc) and pull the engine by itself? Â*after the engine/tranny are out, we will be welding in the SFCs (is this a good idea to do with the engine out?), and swapping rear ends...then assembling the new engine and stuff and putting it all back in. Â*then hopefully ill go to jon or he will come to me and we will tune this sucker.

IROCdan330
04-11-2005, 06:39 PM
Today: Torque arm out, transmission out, cat-forward off.

got aggirvated with the tranny coolet lines because they were in a tight position, and we couldnt lower the tranny anymore because of the headers rubbin the cross member. my teacher and i decided to cut the sum-bitches and we will put a union kit on them when we reinstall the tranny...flare the lines and all that stuff. tomorrow...305 will come out. then the fun begins.