PDA

View Full Version : B&M or Pro 5.0

ar0ck
04-09-2005, 02:22 PM
So for you manual drivers out their that have ever replaced their stock shifters what brand did you go with, and who would you suggest?

I get to spend a paycheck on a shifter next week and through ThunderRacing both the Pro 5.0 Shifter & the B&M Ripper Shifter are $179.99 so I was just curious to hear if anyone has ever used one or the other?

j0n
04-09-2005, 04:00 PM
i got my b&m ripper WITH lou's short stick for 125 shipped(used)

i think any aftermarket shifter is fine as long as you put a short stick on it...dont use the stick that the shifter comes with...spend the extra couple bucks and get the short stick

deadtrend1
04-09-2005, 04:17 PM
I have a Hurst in mine.

Injuneer
04-09-2005, 10:49 PM
When my car was an M6, I had the Hurst Comp+, and then the Pro 5.0. The 5.0 was a work of art, built like a d@mn battelship. Too bad the console covered it up. I had Lou's Short Stick on the Hurst, and it was really crisp. But the stick was too short for the Hurst Line Lock Button. With the Pro 5.0, I simply cut about 1" off the excessively long threads on the stick that comes with it. Good compromise on length.

Batman
04-13-2005, 06:19 AM
I've had a hurst (OK), SLP (No difference) B&M (Very nice)and the Pro 5.0 (which I run now) . The B&M is very nice, but the 5.0 is just simply the best shifter I have ever used. Built like a tank, crisp, short throws and alot of threads up top to cut it to whatever size you need. I put Lou's short stick on it and you only have to move it a couple inches to change gears.