PDA

View Full Version : Speedo Probs ... Please Help!!!!!

bokey
04-10-2005, 02:48 PM
My speedo has not been working for i dunno how long. I switched out clusters and the same problem was there. The needle does NOT move at all, nor does the odometer. Some times it will randomly work but the needle will bounce back and forth, then just stop working. I think I need to fix the sending unit, but I dont know where to begin since there is no cable and the 90-92 units are just one big cluster with a circuit board on the back. :evil: I really wish i had an older car ... fu#k cars having computers ... oh ... and fu*k emissions! :twisted: lol

Tru2Chevy
04-11-2005, 01:18 PM
Your VSS may have gone bad....not sure how common that is though.

- Justin

camaro2you
04-11-2005, 06:54 PM
i think everyone just wants a simple old v8 with the ignition system and a alternater on the engine none of this new age crap hell my carb on my camaro aint even a car its computer controlled stupid emissions. the next car im doing is a big block drag car 8) thirdgen. :twisted:

bokey
04-13-2005, 12:52 PM
VSS? ...

foff667
04-13-2005, 01:08 PM
vehicle speed sensor

Tru2Chevy
04-13-2005, 02:17 PM
VSS? Â*...

....like foff said. It will be on the driver's side of the trans in the tailhousing. There should be two wires coming out of it.

- Justin

bokey
04-14-2005, 05:32 PM
I'll probally look into is Sat. possibley; how much do you think the VSS would cost?... Today though, i was drivin' along 295 and hit a bump .. .started working lol .. hit a nother bump didn't ... pain in the ass ... :(

IROCdan330
04-14-2005, 05:47 PM
doesnt the VSS throw a code?

GP99GT
04-14-2005, 06:49 PM
i think everyone just wants a simple old v8 with the ignition system and a alternater on the engine none of this new age crap hell my carb on my camaro aint even a car its computer controlled stupid emissions. the next car im doing is a big block drag car 8) thirdgen. :twisted:

computer controlled cars are more efficient, and can be fine tuned better than a carb.

bokey
04-15-2005, 10:25 AM
Your guess is as good as mine.... I though it had a gear in the tranny that was horizontal, that was interlocked w/ the teeth of a vertical gear, that gear was attached to something which had a wire or chord attached to it, that ran up to the dash, then that pulse would be turned into electronic pulses thus displaying the speed... but thats only a guess ... I have no idea if I have to replace the VSS, if there is an assembly w/ it, or what ... thats why i'm posting lol :?:

Tru2Chevy
04-15-2005, 11:29 AM
That is what the VSS is....two gears inside the tranny. Yours is converted to an electrical signal at the sensor, instead of driving a cable that physically turns the speedometer.

- Justin