PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 Ratio ROLLER Rocker Arms

maroman88
04-14-2005, 10:36 PM
what are these? benifits over stock? and how hard to install?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33624&item=7965136596&rd=1

HardcoreZ28
04-15-2005, 12:54 PM
They are designed to increase lobe lift over stock which is about 1.5 as well as be a more rigid design to reduce valvetrain flex. Also the roller tip cuts down on friction. These are a cheap brand though. IMO rockers aren't something you want to cheap out on.

foff667
04-15-2005, 01:08 PM
They are designed to increase lobe lift over stock which is about 1.5 as well as be a more rigid design to reduce valvetrain flex. Â*Also the roller tip cuts down on friction. Â*These are a cheap brand though. Â*IMO rockers aren't something you want to cheap out on.

:stupid: those look like crap.

maroman88
04-15-2005, 08:35 PM
well duhh there on ebay lol, how much am i looking to spend , wat about hp numbers and how to install, something i could easily do myself?

thanks for the help

Ian
04-15-2005, 09:54 PM
well, I think the most you could spend without going to shaft mounted rockers, :drool: x2, would be a little over 300 bucks for crane gold rockers :drool: . I've put rocker arms on a car before, never had a problem, but they weren't roller rockers so thats not much help :lol: .

Batman
04-19-2005, 06:08 AM
If you aren't building a race engine those rockers will be fine. If you are making less then 400HP and not revving up around 6000 RPM or higher you don't need fancy aluminum race rockers. When was the last time you heard of a factory motor tossing a rocker arm? In fact I had the fancy $700 rockers on the T/A and tossed them for stockers cause they worked better. The roller tip reduces friction and the 1.6 increases valve lift. You could probably see 10-15 RWH from and not break the bank. I agree they aren't "As" reliable as a $400 set of race rockers but they would be fine for a streeter that sees the track IMO. Also check to make sure even though they are a "self aligning" type they may require screw in rocker studs and guideplates.

HardcoreZ28
04-19-2005, 07:49 AM
I disagree. I had a set of those cheap shat rockers once and I had two of the roller tips break and one die because of heat buildup in it.
Don't cheap out on roller rockers.

NJSPEEDER
04-19-2005, 09:34 PM
cheapy stamped rockers with a roller tip.
they are self aligning so they will go right onto your car. no guideplates or studs needed.
the benefit of these rockers is minimal without retunign the car to take advantage of teh extra lift and duration at .050. your .0 to .0 duration will remain the same.
depending how old your heads and valve springs are will make a difference too. when you increase the ratio of the rocker arm you are putting more stress on the stud, valve stems, and the rocker itself. also the "increased" cam size that this woudl create woudl call for more revs, are your heads up to it?
i agree with paul, rockers are a bad corner to cut. if you want the benefits of a bigger cam either spend the money on a good set of rockers or do it all teh way right and stab a new cam in the thing.

later
tim