PDA

View Full Version : Macco?

bokey
04-15-2005, 01:08 PM
I need my front end and my hood painted... If I go back to the paint shop (Gary Betsey) I got it done at, it will cost me well over $700. Does Macco do a good job at matching paint, etc.? I need the front fixed, the air chin needs to be repaired at the bottom driver side front, and the hood needs to be done (that is gel coated and has been the car for a little bit). I have heard they use lacquer instead of clear coat... Anybody have any suggestions? Maybe buy the paint (which again is pretty expensive if I go PPG, the paint that was used on my car)?

Thanks for you help.

foff667
04-15-2005, 01:25 PM
not a big fan of maaco work...check out fm autobody in ewing...evil90ss is the head painter there and does very good work.

BrandonDrecksage
04-16-2005, 02:04 PM
the one in middlsex nj? I had my 89 painted there...car came back to me like they didn't even both wet sanding it....orange peel look everywhere..i told them to fix it..this happened two more times..and i still saw orange peel..i jsut took the car and told them to **** off.....basically when it comes to paint..for the most part..you get what you pay for...i paid 500 and got a 500 paint job.

bokey
04-18-2005, 07:00 AM
not a big fan of maaco work...check out fm autobody in ewing...evil90ss is the head painter there and does very good work.

Even if I give them the paint? Its just going to be the hood and front ... I don't want to spend too much, rather put the money into the engine right now.

BrandonDrecksage
04-18-2005, 08:14 AM
maybe try doing it your self if you don't want to s[pend a lot of money?..cause my paint started chipping because the prepped the surface under the paint incorrectly

Tru2Chevy
04-18-2005, 08:42 AM
The biggest problem with most Maaco shops is horrible prep. If you can prep it yourself, and give them the paint and clear, you can prolly get it sprayed for a pretty good price.

- Justin

bad64chevelle
04-18-2005, 09:57 AM
The biggest problem with most Maaco shops is horrible prep. If you can prep it yourself, and give them the paint and clear, you can prolly get it sprayed for a pretty good price.

- Justin

Thats your best choice. Gary does great work, but is a little expensive. I know the guy who probably painted your car, I could possibly talk to him and see if he can get you in there and cheap. However if you have the time do it yourself. If you want maybe we can meet up and i can give you a hand. Let me know. Im down in Bordentown, but in New Brunswick all week.

bokey
04-19-2005, 07:19 PM

- Justin

Thats your best choice. Gary does great work, but is a little expensive. I know the guy who probably painted your car, I could possibly talk to him and see if he can get you in there and cheap. However if you have the time do it yourself. If you want maybe we can meet up and i can give you a hand. Let me know. Im down in Bordentown, but in New Brunswick all week.

That sounds good to me ... I never did anything with paint work, but if you could show/help me on what do that that would be good. What part of Bordentown do you live in, my girlfriend actually lives there.

bad64chevelle
04-19-2005, 07:45 PM
Township, who is your GF?

bokey
04-20-2005, 06:00 PM
katie nardone...