PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wanna help TBI > carb swap?

Koll
04-19-2005, 10:03 AM
Well, the weather is nice again, and the grand marquis is running good. This means one thing...time to work on the camaro.

I plan on taking off the old TBI, old dist, and old intake. Changing it out for a random SBC intake, random carb and random dist from my garage. Once this is all done, im wiring up a switch to control the TC and then removing the ECM.

10 minutes away from Exit 109 on the parkway. Anyone feel like helping? What days are open for you people?

Untamed
04-20-2005, 08:21 AM
If I can find a way to send the wife and kids off somewhere for a day, I'd love to help. I need to learn more about the TBI system.

foff667
04-20-2005, 10:21 AM
Well, the weather is nice again, and the grand marquis is running good. This means one thing...time to work on the camaro.

I plan on taking off the old TBI, old dist, and old intake. Changing it out for a random SBC intake, random carb and random dist from my garage. Once this is all done, im wiring up a switch to control the TC and then removing the ECM.

10 minutes away from Exit 109 on the parkway. Anyone feel like helping? What days are open for you people?

why *shakes head*

Koll
04-20-2005, 11:51 AM

why *shakes head*

Why not

foff667
04-20-2005, 11:58 AM

why *shakes head*

Why not

FI>carb

Koll
04-20-2005, 12:30 PM

why *shakes head*

Why not

FI>carb

Carb > FI > TBI
or in your case
FI>TBI>Carb

foff667
04-20-2005, 12:36 PM
FI=TBI...they are both a form of fuel injection.

crainholio
04-20-2005, 12:46 PM
FI=TBI...they are both a form of fuel injection.

I think of TBI as the ugly step-brother of electronic fuel injection...basically a carb with a pressurized squirter instead of a venturi.

So in Kevin's book it's:

SFI* > BFI** > carb > TBI

*Sequential-Fire Injection
**Batch-Fire Injection

bad64chevelle
04-20-2005, 06:09 PM
<~hates his fuel injected vehicle.