PDA

View Full Version : The Central NJ RUTGERS meet on Wed 4/27/05 Please read.

redbanditZ28
04-20-2005, 08:09 PM
F-Body Camaro/Firebird Gathering
Including all GM sports model vehicles.
Chevelles, Novas, GTOs, Impalas, Monte Carlos, Corvettes etc..

Who: Any one with a GM sports model vehicle (preferably a Camaro/Firebird) who is a Rutgers Student or Alumni. Inform others who are interested.

What: A friendly gathering in the Livingston Parking Lot to get to know your fellow F-body enthusiasts and cruise to a Drive In Restaurant. More info provided when every one is at the meeting.

When: Wednesday, April 27th between 5:30-6:30 PM
Rain Date: April 28th 5:30-6:30 PM

Where: Livingston Campus Parking Lot 101 near the Dorms off Rt. 18 on Avenue E. If Rutgers Security does not permit, the alternate meeting place will be at the Johnson Park parking lot directly across from the Rutgers Football Stadium off of River Rd. The entrance for that lot is off River Rd. and Landing Lane. The traffic light before the Rt. 18 overpass. If you need directions to the Livingston Campus Parking Lot 101, please post a reply on www.njfboa.org in the forum area. The post is ā€œRutgers Meetā€? under the Central NJ section of the Forum. If no one is at the Livingston Campus Lot, that most likely means that we moved to the Johnson Park lot.

Racers and Careless Drivers need not to bother. No Horsing around with the Horsepower. This is a gathering, not a car show or race track.

That is the flyer i put up around campus and on about 50 something different GM cars, I do expect a decent turn out. Like it says, if no one is on the Livingston Lot, that means the alternate meeting spot is at the park across the street from the football stadium off of river road. If you need directions or any info, just reply. I mostly flyered Firebirds and camaros. Prob more firebirds. And 2 GTOs, and 5 monte Carlos, and 2 impalas. etc. I am still going to be flyering people's windows between now and the day before the meet. Also, please post some ideas as far as where to go to grab a bite to eat after we all meet up. I guess we will leave which ever lot we are lot at around 6:45 PM if some are running late. Its definitely happening though this upcoming wednesday, the 27th. I'll try to put a sign some where in the livingston lot at one of the entrances if we moved to the Park parking lot. If they don't allow it, i'll have to do a drive around both lots to round up every one if there is any confusion.

Violat0rX
04-21-2005, 08:37 AM
oh man...hope I can make it. Maybe if I get off work earlier enough, but the bigger question is what to bring, the new GTO or the beast?

j0n
04-21-2005, 10:50 AM
bring the beast...and i will be there...90% sure ill be f-bodyless :(

Mike
04-21-2005, 07:45 PM
90% sure ill be up for that.......i should be outa work by fiveish........ill put in for it tomorow to be sure

and ill have the f-body present and accounted for

redbanditZ28
04-21-2005, 09:25 PM
I checked the weather and it said F'in rain for the only two days of the week that this thing is going to take place. I really don't feel like making new flyers and switching it to this upcoming tuesday as far as the weather goes. Unless one of you want to do that, be my guest. Otherwise, if it rains both days, i guess it puts the brakes to that. I don't have time to do this the week after next week or the week after that week either. My finals are coming up. So if its crappy out. I wont be showing up. If any one does, they can take it upon themself to lead this thing. I guess i will try this again though in september. Or maybe i will try to get some people in the 3rd week of may if i feel theres enough that will show up.
I feel like this all went to hell already. But then again, the weather is rarely accurate. Especially this far away in the game. Play it by ear i suppose.

BigAls87Z28
04-22-2005, 12:19 AM
I hope its good next week, cause Ill head up.

Is the Malibu Maxx a "GM sport model"? Its got 200hp?

79CamaroDiva
04-22-2005, 12:38 AM
hope ill be there.. another thing to distract me from studying for finals

bad64chevelle
04-24-2005, 08:06 PM
Will be there pending how much work i still need to get done.

Ian
04-24-2005, 08:12 PM
I wont be there :( . I have to watch my little brothers ALL week! :evil:

NJSPEEDER
04-24-2005, 08:22 PM
i don't know if i will eb able to make it. we are looking to get little g's car prepped for the memphis gathering the second weekend in may.
hopefully we cna come up with enough stuff that he can drop some new best numbers while we are there.
sounds liek a good time though, sorry to miss it.

later
tim

79CamaroDiva
04-26-2005, 06:16 PM
lookin like rain tomorrow afternoon, hopefully will clear up enough to get this shindig off the ground.

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/08901?lswe=08901&lwsa=WeatherLocalUndeclared

JPiZZiJP
04-27-2005, 12:59 AM
What: A friendly gathering in the Livingston Parking Lot to get to know your fellow F-body enthusiasts and cruise to a Drive In Restaurant.

Yes, looks like rain.. however... what Drive In restaurant is nearby Livingston??? Please don't tell me you are considering the grease trucks a "Drive In Restaurant" lol :kneeslap: :kneeslap:

~Joe

BigAls87Z28
04-27-2005, 01:30 PM
I need directions damn it!!

bad64chevelle
04-27-2005, 03:13 PM
So who is all going today? Ill be there.

redbanditZ28
04-27-2005, 04:06 PM
I didn't think it would clear up. Obviously it has. I will be there around 6 PM with a pad and paper, and hopefully i will get a good turn out. I am going toi see if i can get a group together. Which could lead to better things later on down the road. No pun intended.

79CamaroDiva
04-27-2005, 04:40 PM
ill be there but probably not til around 7ish... hopefully you guys dont leave without us!

JPiZZiJP
04-27-2005, 06:27 PM
Sorry diva I missed you. j0n had to leave so we bounced out at 6:30ish.

~Joe

bad64chevelle
04-27-2005, 08:21 PM
Nice meeting you all tonight, everyones cars were lookin good. I especially liked the flames that joe shot out from under his car...It was a fun time, too bad alot of people missed it.
Jon

j0n
04-27-2005, 09:06 PM
sorry i had to leave early and miss whoever else showed up...btw is that gto on the site? if not he should be...definately belongs with our group :rock:

JPiZZiJP
04-28-2005, 02:57 AM
I especially liked the flames that joe shot out from under his car...It was a fun time, too bad alot of people missed it.
Jon

Yeah, I kinda wished I would get to see that too lol. :) Apparently my car flames underneath with the cutout open. hehe

~Joe

bad64chevelle
04-28-2005, 10:18 AM
Yeah Mark (04 GTO) and I saw that, it was pretty awesome

BigAls87Z28
04-28-2005, 12:07 PM
Sorry I missed all you guys and only picked up the tail end. Still had a good time, and after yesterday I needed to get out of the house.

bad64chevelle
04-28-2005, 12:54 PM
Its cool. Good meetin ya man, sorry i couldnt stay, I had a paper due this morning and had to finish it.

79CamaroDiva
04-28-2005, 05:45 PM
I had a great time, it was awesome to finally meet some of you guys. Hopefully next time there will be more of a turnout, though me, mike and alex bs'ing in the parking lot for hours was fun too! :)

j0n
04-28-2005, 06:49 PM
I had a great time, it was awesome to finally meet some of you guys. Hopefully next time there will be more of a turnout, though me, mike and alex bs'ing in the parking lot for hours was fun too! :)

when'd you guys end up leavin?

79CamaroDiva
04-28-2005, 11:06 PM
around 10ish, moved over to fuddruckers which then proceeded to kick us out at 1030 (really, what kind of place that serves beer closes at 1030?)

BigAls87Z28
04-28-2005, 11:12 PM
Yeah, wtf. College town, and you close at 1030?

GTOman
05-02-2005, 05:49 PM
GTOman here - I apologize for not posting before this. I really enjoyed meeting the guys that showed up last Wednesday at Rutgers. Hope to see you guys and others over the summer.

I'll try to login more often so I can keep up with current events. Enjoyed talking cars with y'all. You've all got some pretty cool cars........ enjoy the summer, top down, pedal to the metal, and stereo blastin'.....

mark

79CamaroDiva
05-02-2005, 07:52 PM
welcome to the board! I musta missed you, but the meet was fun!

bad64chevelle
05-04-2005, 05:43 PM
Ahh finally. It was a pretty good time. Next time I will have the Chevelle up there, and hopefully some more participants. Ill get jOn to bring the camaro so he doesnt feel left out again. (Thats if I dont blow it up in the next few weeks). Take it easy
Jon