PDA

View Full Version : NJ inspection-window tint?

coolcamaroZ28
04-21-2005, 11:44 AM
Hello all, Â*Does anyone know where I might be able to get my '95 inspected where they will look the other way where window tint is concerned? Â*Although you can't tell from the pic below, it's not all that dark (35%), but they will fail you for anything in the 'ol inspection line. Â*So if anyone knows a private station near Toms River that can help me out, please let me know. Â*If you don't want to post that info and keep it confidential, please message me or e-mail me @ coolcamaroZ28@juno.com. Â*THANKS!

My Website: http://coolcamaro.cz28.com
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/821000-821999/821509_3_full.jpg

Koll
04-21-2005, 11:59 AM
Just an idea, but if you have the windows rolled down....will they roll them up?

ar0ck
04-21-2005, 12:00 PM
Your best bet for side window tint is to take it to a private garage with the windows down. Â*Usually all they are testing is your emissions, horn, e-brake, and signal lights. Â*Take it to a local place that you either know, or are familiar with. Â*Most likely they will pass you as long as everything else is in order. Â*Or you can risk it, and take it to state DMV with the windows down & t-tops (if you have them) off on a nice day.

Just an idea, but if you have the windows rolled down....will they roll them up?
They did for me, when my mom took my car on a cool october afternoon Â*:lol:

karr95
04-21-2005, 12:48 PM
There is a Sunoco Station on Mantoloking Road in Brick that I have heard is pretty cool with that stuff.

Mike
04-21-2005, 07:42 PM
if you want.....
i know someone that will retint the side windows cheaper than any inspection place will charge you

and then your legit

let me know

BlueFBird
04-21-2005, 10:25 PM
i pm'ed u

NP_00'T/A
04-21-2005, 10:54 PM
they will roll the windows up at a state run place and then you will have to take it off...

MonmouthCtyAntz
04-24-2005, 08:29 AM
Just an idea, but if you have the windows rolled down....will they roll them up?Ofcourse :D there not stupid, especially on a car like that

AssKickinLS1
04-24-2005, 05:08 PM
I would also be interested b/c I failed for window tint, 30%, at the Manahawkin inp. station. I went last week when it was in the low 70's w/the tops off and windows down, but they rolled them up

PDubs87Z28
04-24-2005, 05:23 PM
yeah well i've had my car on the road since july 04 and i have a new windshield so theres no sticker at all because my cars emissions are too damn high and it keeps failing.....but i have fail papers for it...anyone know where they'll do mine
NP TA....aren't u a NP firefighter???Dude i work with is too and does your car sit on south street??? cuz its sweet 8) I see it parked on the street here and there

NP_00'T/A
04-24-2005, 05:44 PM
you have probably seen me driving around NP but its mostly at the firehouse.

PDubs87Z28
04-24-2005, 05:52 PM
i've seen it all around, i live in summit and im always through NP...... :headbang:>for your car

NP_00'T/A
04-24-2005, 06:07 PM
thanks :) you should stop down there are a bunch of f-bodies here at the FD...

PDubs87Z28
04-24-2005, 06:18 PM
Big Joe always cookin?.....tell him Paul that worked @ HJA said whats up

NP_00'T/A
04-24-2005, 06:28 PM
always eating is more like it :) and I let him know you said hi.

IROCZman15
05-14-2005, 11:04 PM
haha yea, i used to be over there too

CrAsH
05-16-2005, 10:41 AM
best idea if u wanna go to a state place is have a hot grl in a skirt pull it through with windows down and t's off according to my mom all the guys there r usually to ocupied looking at the grls to notice u can roll he windows up

Blackwizard222
05-16-2005, 03:18 PM
It state law that the windows must be functional. Therefore even if they are down they will roll them up to make sure they work.

CrAsH
05-16-2005, 09:12 PM
yes they r supose to but they dont always do it..no cuz my mom works for inspection

Teds89IROC
05-26-2005, 12:48 PM
I tried rolling through with my windows down when I had my RS..it was THE first thing the guy checked :lol:

~Ted

CrAsH
05-26-2005, 01:15 PM
but ur not a grl in a skirt :twisted:

Tango Two
06-03-2005, 12:12 PM
Tinted windows; therefore, as a reference I enclosed below cases, statutes, and information regarding same.

Note that tinted windows are permitted on police vehicles.

State v. Oberlton, 262 N.J.Super. 204 (Law.Div. 1992), "it is my opinion that a motor vehicle stop based upon a police officer's conclusion that the tinted windows violate New Jersey law is a valid stop."

Negative History: State ex rel. R.M., 343 N.J.Super. 153 (N.J.Super.Ch. Feb 06, 2001)

State v. Cohen, 347 N.J.Super. 375 (App.Div. 2002), “[I]t matters not whether the equipment used violates N.J.S.A. 39:3-74, because the fact that a defendant is later found not guilty does not denigrate the propriety of the initial stop so long as it is based upon a reasonable articulable suspicion that a motor vehicle violation has occurred.�

Unpublished -> 14-2-6079 State v. Lambert, App. Div. (per curiam) (18 pp.) (1) The trial judge committed reversible error when he permitted the police officer to testify regarding the details of his conversation with a confidential informant who was not present in court to testify. (2) Because of the heavily tinted windows in the rear portion of the van, the officer was justified in guarding against the risk posed by unseen vehicle passengers by the only means available to him: opening the rear door to see if anyone was there; and the cocaine, evident on the opening of the door, was admissible under the plain-view exception to the warrant requirement. [Decided March 4, 2004.]

New Jersey Administrative Code 13:20-32.7 -> (d) A motor vehicle, other than a police vehicle or a motor vehicle for which a medical exemption certificate has been issued by the Division in accordance with N.J.S.A. 39:3-75.1 et seq., shall not be certified which has tinted spray or plastic material added to previously approved glazing in the front windshield or windows, vents, wings, deflectors, or side shields to the immediate right or left of the driver, because such condition changes the vision and light transmission properties of the glazing in areas where driver visibility shall not be obscured or obstructed; provided, however, tinted spray or plastic material may be applied to previously approved glazing in the front windshield if such spray or material extends no lower than six inches from the top of the front windshield or such spray or material does not extend below the AS-1 marking on the front windshield.

When a New Jersey registered vehicle has a valid inspection sticker displayed and there's after-market tint; the following statutes can be issued: 39:3-47 (Altering after inspection) and 39:3-77 (Unapproved Equipment).

When a New Jersey registered vehicle does not have a valid inspection sticker and there's after-market tint; the following statutes can be issued: 39:8-1 (Failure to Inspect) and 39:3-77 (Unapproved Equipment).

Some Officers issue 39:3-74 (Unobstructed Equipment) or 39:3-75 (Safety Glass); however, I'm under the non-legal opinion that those statutes are suspect to the actual violation.

FN1: Administrative Code permits window tint behind the driver; however, unless that after-market tint was previously "approved by the commissioner" (which it never is) - it would be a violation.

Thanks...