PDA

View Full Version : Front License Plate on 4 gens ...

LS1Hawk
05-05-2005, 05:58 PM
Anyone keep the front license plate off of their 4th gens? Do cops really care? Because I've seen other Trans Ams and Camaros in the area without them, even some C5s. I put the Firebird insert back on mine...just wondering if anyone has ever had a problem because of it.

Koll
05-05-2005, 06:09 PM
Keep it in the glove box. if you get pulled over for that just throw it up in the window.

ar0ck
05-05-2005, 08:10 PM
Knock on wood, but ive gone without it since late november. At least none of the local cops I know have said anything about it (Alot of my friends are on the local FD, many PD guys are in the same company). Usually the excuse is, the frame broke, or Im waiting for a new one. At least thats what Im going to say if I get pulled over. Which is partially true, I dont have the brackets for it since I used to have a billet grille.

My suggestion is to bang it a couple times with a hamer, run it over with your car, and slap it in the corner of your front window. IF you get asked you say, an old lady hit it and ripped it off.

Untamed
05-06-2005, 09:59 AM
The police often dont pull people over just for the license plate missing. Usually they get you for speeding first, or expired inspection sticker or something else, then ask you about the missing plate. A guy I work with keeps the front plate off his 4 Runner, but in the glove box if he was asked about it. Like the other guys said, bang it up a bit then throw it onto the dash if needed.

arc555
05-06-2005, 08:59 PM
I kept mine off when I got my new bumper cover. Mine is already banged up, that's why I needed a new bumper cover. Noone has said anything yet, but I keep it under my seat. :wink:

GrandmasterCow
05-06-2005, 11:13 PM
no man, not worth it. they lok awsome without the front plate, but i had mine in the window and i still got pulled over for it, even when i put it 8in the glove box. cops are just dicks anymore.

bokey
05-06-2005, 11:53 PM
it does look a lot better w/o it, but I get ticketed for it ... it was only $48, but he pulled me over for speeding... As long as your going to do it, DON'T **** UP! lol

GrandmasterCow
05-06-2005, 11:59 PM
lol. m y friend got away with it as "outta sight, outta mind." he got pulled over for it and the cop was young and told him that, and let him go. lmao. he got puled over 5 minutes later by another one and got ticketed.

ya, my tickets for were 48, then 60, then 80-somethin, then 130. said one more time and im goin to court. lmao

ar0ck
05-07-2005, 11:06 AM
Obey the law and they have no reason to pull you over.

BTW, In my town I see TONS of cars, not even countable, with Limo tint on all their windows, and no plates. Its a fairly common sight, and its mostly one of those tickets a cop might add to something else. If they pull you over most of the time they give you a warning, "get it fixed".