PDA

View Full Version : Hearing noises...

slasherbarb
05-14-2005, 09:48 AM
I've been hearing noises that sound like they are coming from the rear of my car...the first noise i hear is kind of like a ticking noise, but i only hear it when cruising aroun 20-35 mph...the second noise is really loud noise when i am driving around really slow, like through parking lots ad stuff...anyone knw what these noise can possibly be??

the car has traction control and i don't know if that could be it...anyone's input would be greatly appreciated...

Ian
05-14-2005, 10:03 AM
what does it sound like when you're driving slow? Grinding? Squealing? Moaning? Thumping?

I had a ticking noise like that one time in my jeep and it turned out to be a huge rock stuck in the tread of my tire. You might as well check for taht, pretty simple and if it turns out to be that its an easy fix :lol:

IROCdan330
05-14-2005, 02:43 PM
perhaps your exhaust is rotted through near your rear end and its ticking there?

PDubs87Z28
05-14-2005, 07:43 PM
if you got stock camaro rims with the center cap cover that covers the lugs pop those off and check if one of the lugs came off......happen to me sounded like a bottle draggin but it was a lug cuz i have the 90-92 Z28 wheels with the cover.....check that

Savage_Messiah
05-15-2005, 03:07 AM
Describe the sound a little better?

slasherbarb
05-15-2005, 09:57 AM
it's like a moaning noise when i am driving really slow(around 5-10mph)...i hear it all the time when i am parking and stuff...and the lugs are fine cause i just rotated the tires and i re-torqued the lugs a week after, so it's not the lugs...