PDA

View Full Version : PM suggestion

j0n
05-18-2005, 11:14 AM
could we have something that shows up on the forum that announces that you have unread pms for those people that have pop-up blockers? like a blinking envelope or something?

Tru2Chevy
05-18-2005, 11:39 AM
I'll look into it....

- Justin

::EDIT:: - How does this sound?

MOD Description: The PM notification popup window is blocked by most browsers "Popup Blockers" - this MOD fixes it by displaying the notification as a dialog box instead.

ar0ck
05-18-2005, 12:58 PM
I'll look into it....

- Justin

MOD Description: The PM notification popup window is blocked by most browsers "Popup Blockers" - this MOD fixes it by displaying the notification as a dialog box instead.

On my other board Anti Rice, although its PHPbb2 It will say Messages() and if their is a new message it will say Messages(1)

Tru2Chevy
05-18-2005, 03:27 PM
I'll look into it....

- Justin

On my other board Anti Rice, although its PHPbb2 It will say Messages() and if their is a new message it will say Messages(1)

That is something that I don't think is possible with this board template. If you can find out from an admin there what mod (if any) is used for that to display, I'll look into it :)

- Justin

ShitOnWheels
05-18-2005, 06:54 PM
On another forum I read (it's done in vBulletin tho), underneath where it says who is logged in and the last time of the log in, it'll say "Private Messages: 0, Total: 10." Anyway to do it that way?

Or is that what is being referred to above?

Tru2Chevy
05-19-2005, 08:49 AM
On another forum I read (it's done in vBulletin tho), underneath where it says who is logged in and the last time of the log in, it'll say "Private Messages: 0, Total: 10." Â*Anyway to do it that way?

Or is that what is being referred to above?

I think that is what is being referred to above, but that's a standard vBulletin thing.

- Justin