PDA

View Full Version : NJFBOA Beach Party?

ar0ck
05-18-2005, 01:00 PM
For a big group gathering we should pick a location on the shore where we can all go and gather for a good ol fashion beach party! Â*We can all bring and donate things like hot-dogs & hamburgers, grilles, soda, chips, and anything else you can think of! Â*Put someone on chef duty! Â*Just everyone has to bring SOMETHING that can be consumed or something like that.

Oh yeah and the familys can come out too!

Maximus
05-18-2005, 01:22 PM
The 3 "B's"...Beach, Beer, Babes :drool: I'm down, I usually go to LBI! Is that a long drive from North Jersey? I'm ready for the summer 8)

GrandmasterCow
05-18-2005, 01:51 PM
Sweet idea, but what beach? lol

SteveR
05-18-2005, 02:06 PM
Come out to my neck of teh woods, Belmar! Chill on the beach then head into DJ's for some beer and girls.

j0n
05-18-2005, 02:50 PM
SLEAZESIDE!!! oh yea im down for wherever but i prefer SLEAZESIDE!!!! can you tell? :P

Tru2Chevy
05-18-2005, 03:28 PM
SLEAZESIDE!!! oh yea im down for wherever but i prefer SLEAZESIDE!!!! can you tell? :P

I had my '85 Omni broken into at Sleazeside.....if I can help it, I will never park another one of my cars in that dump again.

- Justin

Maximus
05-18-2005, 03:34 PM
Sounds good to me, "SLEAZESIDE'S" out! :lol:

BlueFBird
05-18-2005, 08:17 PM
i live right next to seaside and in my opinion it should be burned down i hate it

enRo
05-18-2005, 08:28 PM
I'm ready to do some burnouts in the sand :lol: :lol: :lol:

ar0ck
05-19-2005, 12:02 AM
I'm ready to do some burnouts in the sand Â*:lol: Â*:lol: Â*:lol:

Tourqe Test it? :lol:

Sleazeslide should be left for us young folk, not the old people :twisted:

HardcoreZ28
05-19-2005, 07:56 AM
I'm in for a beach party also. I second Belmar if we can find adequate parking. Maybe make a deal with one of the bars down there?

IROCdan330
05-30-2005, 06:08 PM
I say lets go to Ocean City, Sea Isle, or Avalon...but thats because theyre close to me :D .

sea isle/avalon normally are where adults live and the beaches are often wide open with space...

ar0ck
06-02-2005, 11:57 AM
Weather seems to be getting better :idea:

Just an idea to the shore people, maybe scout out area's that have LARGE parking area's so that way we may be able to all park in one spot :?:

BlueFBird
06-02-2005, 01:04 PM
island beach state park!!!!!!! :D

Ian
07-14-2005, 05:39 PM
and to bring back a totally dead topic, LBI has one badass strip for cruising. My vote is for LBI.

Firebird67dude
07-19-2005, 06:27 PM
Beach party sounds cool. I choose LBI. Nice cruzing.

Savage_Messiah
07-19-2005, 07:05 PM
i liek this idea

Savage_Messiah
07-29-2005, 11:35 AM
OK so is anyone actually up for this???????????

bad64chevelle
08-06-2005, 09:26 AM
Belmar is where I usually go...im in for that!

qwikz28
08-11-2005, 08:14 PM
i dont know if i can go back to seaside. i think my brain automatically correlates that place with hangovers. i've had some nights i'd like to forget down there. i'm down for whatever town has females :D

jimmyboy8301
08-16-2005, 12:46 AM
i'm down for this.

omarcamaro
08-21-2005, 10:24 AM
summers almost over what date are we loking at

NJSPEEDER
08-21-2005, 11:00 AM
i don't think we will be able to get this together for this year. at least not to any grand scale.
if someone wants to lend me a hand planning a few things over the winter i would be glad to persue this though.

later
tim

Savage_Messiah
09-07-2005, 09:13 AM
i don't think we will be able to get this together for this year. at least not to any grand scale.
if someone wants to lend me a hand planning a few things over the winter i would be glad to persue this though.

later
tim

sure

camaro2you
09-07-2005, 02:07 PM

later
tim

im in

jimmyboy8301
09-11-2005, 06:53 AM

later
tim

me also

Wasted Youth
01-16-2006, 06:25 PM
well this is still a good idea however...LBI has no parking anywhere, seaside is a bust, now at the same time...it is a possibility to do a regular toms river meet like we used to but cruise to the beach afterwards or something...belmar area would be your best bet...slightly north of it even ...other then asbury or long branch

ALLMACK
01-16-2006, 06:38 PM
I hate to say it but WILDWOOD nj is the place to be for a cruise!
Im really not that big a fan of wildwood but, they always have things going on there like custom car shows, harley week...
I personaly like stone harbor NJ....oh by the way there are beaches in north and central??? LOL just kidding!

BonzoHansen
01-16-2006, 08:52 PM
Come out to my neck of teh woods, Belmar! Chill on the beach then head into DJ's for some beer and girls.DJs? Better bring the IROC and gold chains. :)

Start out kind of early, BA has a good sized lot now. They even had a car show there in October. Maybe management might go along with that, like the college alumni days.

SteveR
01-24-2006, 09:02 AM
DJs? Better bring the IROC and gold chains. :)

haha yea, if you get there past 6pm, make sure you have grease in your hair and an Italian flag sticker on your bumper :lol: But if you get there during the day, it's all chill beach folk :D

Firebird67dude
01-24-2006, 04:21 PM
I say a beach party is a must. I can bring my lil bros and we can take turn shake n bakin em'. Wats that park thing thats by seaside. I was there this summer n it was quite nice.

NJSPEEDER
01-24-2006, 05:36 PM
we are working on locations that will be closer to teh beach adn popular cruising spots. a meet actually on the beach or at a place that is with in a block or so of any decent beach prolly won't happen.
it is jsut way too expensive to get involved in. they all want a huge deposit, limited menu, and no refunds if people don't show up.
we will have a meet or two during the summer that are near points of interest that we can cruise to and hang out at as a group after the normal meet happens.

PBodyGT87
01-24-2006, 06:15 PM
we will have a meet or two during the summer that are near points of interest that we can cruise to and hang out at as a group after the normal meet happens.

Seriously, I really want to have a beach meet as I told you before. I think the most reasonable way to do it is just as you said. Being that space is limited when it comes to locations nearest to the beach, the only way to make this work would be turning into a weekend trip at Wildwood or something where we all stay in a hotel like Bal Harbor, which is nice, but being that this idea would cost so much, and so many of the members are likely to back out, or not be able to make it at all, it would be really hard to make it come through.

HOWEVER, if we find a location to meet and barbecue or something further away from the beach, and then cruise down to the beach after, at which point, parking near eachother or in groups won't really be necessary, because we would have already seen all the cars at our first meeting place/ BBQ location. Meeting up with everyone on the beach itself after crusing down and all hanging out would be cool.

BigAls87Z28
01-24-2006, 06:28 PM
Even Belmar is pretty packed durring the summer. We would be hard pressed to find a beach that isnt. We would have to go early in the summer, or late, after all the Benny's leave.

V
01-24-2006, 06:58 PM
we should rent a beach house for the summer, it could be a NJFBOA summer house... people could put in money now dependign on how long they wanna stay.. ok so it may not be a feasible idea but with some planning and work, it could be a possibility...

Brando56894
01-24-2006, 07:23 PM
that would be an awesome idea but id doubt it would happen. i like liz's idea i know of a few cheap (but nice) hotels in wildwood that are pretty close to the boardwalk, and the beach usually isnt that packed since it is like a mile from the water to the boardwalk :lol: and what (iroc) dan said i second WW, OC or sea isle mainly cuz were like 30 mins away from there... for the people that live farther away they could stay in the hotels and the closer ppl could just drive home whenever they get tired. but yea we gotta make this work somehow. also theres a way to get around the beach tags, just act like your asleep or go down to the water when u see them commin. works everytime :D

BonzoHansen
01-25-2006, 07:47 PM
Start out kind of early, BA has a good sized lot now. They even had a car show there in October. Maybe management might go along with that, like the college alumni days.

I still think someone should call Bar A.

NP_00'T/A
01-25-2006, 08:55 PM
The hotel I stay in in wildwood has a large out door area by the pool and grills for us to use... and a parking garage ! Most of the rooms can sleep multiple people so it wouldn't be too bad for 1-2 nights.

NJSPEEDER
01-26-2006, 12:01 AM
the shore at teh summer is expensive to even think about. any restaurant or hotel with the access and visibility that we want requires a deposit that we jsut do not have.
we are persuing the idea of having a BBQ somewhere near the shore(not right on the beach but with in a few miles) and then working on an area to cruise into together to hang out on some stretch of boardwalk or jstu cruise the strip.

Brando56894
01-26-2006, 12:57 AM
hmm ok, sounds good

Savage_Messiah
01-26-2006, 01:08 AM
:werd:

Rich189
01-26-2006, 02:10 AM
hmm my uncle has a beach house in beach haven.... 6 bedrooms 3 baths and plenty of room on the floors couches ect and plenty of parking down the street ect.... not sure if he'll let everyone stay there but i could sure as hell try

Brando56894
01-26-2006, 04:12 PM
dude that would be soo freakin sweet!! maybe we could each pitch in a few bucks to persuade him :D

BonzoHansen
01-26-2006, 08:24 PM
we are persuing the idea of having a BBQ somewhere near the shore(not right on the beach but with in a few miles) and then working on an area to cruise into together to hang out on some stretch of boardwalk or jstu cruise the strip.
http://www.bar-a.com/parties.htm

Another idea might be something like Alliare State Park in Wall.

NJSPEEDER
01-26-2006, 08:45 PM
hmm my uncle has a beach house in beach haven.... 6 bedrooms 3 baths and plenty of room on the floors couches ect and plenty of parking down the street ect.... not sure if he'll let everyone stay there but i could sure as hell try

would you want to be responsible of rthe actions of 50+ people you don't know? that is what your uncle would be letting you do.
the idea is definately cool, but i don't want to see anyone to not think about the risk involved in an open call to meet.

NJSPEEDER
01-26-2006, 08:48 PM
bar-a is a cool place, but it isn't a very family friendly place for the most part. with all our meets, especially one that would involve a trip to the beach, we need to try to keep it friendly to all ages.

BonzoHansen
01-26-2006, 08:57 PM
bar-a is a cool place, but it isn't a very family friendly place for the most part. with all our meets, especially one that would involve a trip to the beach, we need to try to keep it friendly to all ages.

Gotcha. When I think this place I don't often think family friendly. :lol:

JW
01-26-2006, 09:05 PM
I have an appointment to talk to the Commissioner of Wildwood about an event/car show or just some kinda spot available for such a meet for us. Tim or Justin if you have anything you want me to ask/add to the conversation with him let me, reply / AIM me.

JW :D