PDA

View Full Version : JB Weld

Savage_Messiah
05-26-2005, 03:56 PM
How strong is this stuff? Like for fixing this http://image34.webshots.com/35/0/18/42/342001842uGNFZp_ph.jpg

That's where the bolt/square nut (that was welded in or part of the rad support) broke out... theres 2 other bolts (left, bottom) so theres no too much strain on this one... would JB weld work fine?

NJSPEEDER
05-26-2005, 03:59 PM
if it is just holding up the radiator i don't really see any problem with it. it is sort of ghetto, but it would be effective enough.

later
tim

Fasterthanyou
05-26-2005, 06:49 PM
I've used small pieces of cotten cloth coated in JB weld to get some jobs done. I've also used cloth with Fiberglass resin to do some similar support work. It was only a temporary patch or something that wouldn't hurt anything if it broke.
JB weld is awesome stuff. I've patched 2 aluminum radiator cores with it for our backup radiators for the race car and 1 large truck radiator that was on the dyno. JB weld doesn't work on header leaks where the air tube's crack just above the welds. Correction, they last approximately 1 day or 2 hours of driving and then it cracks and becomes too brittle.

Savage_Messiah
05-28-2005, 02:49 AM
if it is just holding up the radiator i don't really see any problem with it. it is sort of ghetto, but it would be effective enough.

later
tim.

not even.. this piece just holds the hood latch.. i think part of the windshield washer fluid tank too

sounds liek this'll work for what i need... cool