PDA

View Full Version : Suspension...is it worth it?

bokey
06-04-2005, 11:16 AM
I have a 91 V6 Camaro. As you can see on my list below, what will be done to it; this is all over time of a year or two (hopefully sooner). Is it worth it to suspension work...I.E. Torque Arm, Sub frame Connectors, etc.? I don't know a whole lot about suspension, but I do have an understanding of what each part does. In theory, the ideas are nice, but do you really see that big of a difference?

I think I may have to do the suspension soon, and was looking at the fancy Edelbrock Performer IAS Shocks…that looks like all the suspension that I’ll ever need :rock:

:**EDIT**: I'm also probally going to be adding a POSI

Mike
06-04-2005, 11:35 AM
in a word.....yes

suspension is very important and you WILL notice it even with the little power the v6 is making.

off topic......did i see your car at midas on rt33 the other day?

bokey
06-04-2005, 02:17 PM
Well, if I go with the Edelbrock Performers and Torque arm that should be enough for now I would imagine.

Off topic...its a possibility I live right in that golden crest area... I may have been driving by, but I haven't recently stopped in... What are you driving?

Mike
06-04-2005, 09:56 PM
i have the car in my sig, and a teal chevy silverado with a blue cowl hood

Wasted Youth
07-05-2005, 10:07 PM
i personally don't see the need to upgrade the suspension until the power from the engine is overpowering the stock suspension...but if i were you...i would get a set of iroc or gta sway bars and springs...you will notice a big difference in handling doing that alone...and they ca be had very cheap...the sway bars i have a set if u want them u can have them...u just have to PM me or something and figure out how you want to do it...i used to live in your area but moved back to the shore a little over a year ago

NJSPEEDER
07-10-2005, 10:07 AM
suspension shoudl always be developed a little bit before power.
are you looking for a performance shock or just something to replace the stockers? the edelbrock shocks are nothing special, at least not special enough to justify the price they charge. if you want to upgrade the handling i would suggest you look at bilstein(heavy duty fronts and race rears) or kyb(i am pretty sure the AGX line is available for 3rd gens)
for the torque arm the edelborck piece will work. just check around on prices, bmr, slp, random technologies, and other companies make similar designs that may cost less than you are paying for teh edelbrock name plate. if you have a little extra cash, bmr makes a chromoly version :)

later
tim