PDA

View Full Version : Paintball guys, in here again...

sikbyrd350
06-20-2005, 12:06 PM
I had a blast last Sat at Skirmish and bought my own gear...when we playin?

bad64chevelle
06-20-2005, 12:19 PM
Hopefully asap and once i get my Compressed tanks certified again. What did you buy? Later!
Jon

sikbyrd350
06-20-2005, 01:50 PM
i saw the replys in the other post, just decided to let that one die.
I'm looking to get a reactive trigger, but most importantly, improve accuracy and distance. Any advice is welcome and appreciated. As far as a game, just give me some notice and I'm down. I'll even bring some airsoft.

skorpion317
06-20-2005, 10:21 PM
I'm looking to get a reactive trigger, but most importantly, improve accuracy and distance. Any advice is welcome and appreciated. As far as a game, just give me some notice and I'm down. I'll even bring some airsoft.

response trigger is a great upgrade. I have it on my 98C, and the thing rips when it's sweetspotted.

the best way to change the accuracy and distance on the 98C is to change the barrel. the stock barrel is too short. my advice is to get a Flatline barrel. that is the ONLY barrel for the 98C that will increase your distance. best of all, it shoots in a straight line. you'll have easily twice the distance of any other paintball gun.

sikbyrd350
06-21-2005, 09:37 AM

response trigger is a great upgrade. I have it on my 98C, and the thing rips when it's sweetspotted.

the best way to change the accuracy and distance on the 98C is to change the barrel. the stock barrel is too short. my advice is to get a Flatline barrel. that is the ONLY barrel for the 98C that will increase your distance. best of all, it shoots in a straight line. you'll have easily twice the distance of any other paintball gun.

is it true that with the flatline you have to have it set for 280-285fps for it to be accurate? my friend said he had it and it shot out at an arc. then again, he may have oiled the barrel or set it to high.

skorpion317
06-21-2005, 01:23 PM
the flatline works best around 270-280 FPS. you should also use small-bore paint, like RPS marballizers (best paint ever).

it's accurate compared to most barrels, but it's not the MOST accurate. the added distance is the main feature. you can shoot nearly 200 ft. in a straight line, while everyone else is struggling to shoot 150 ft., and they're arcing their guns.

robj
06-21-2005, 01:29 PM

is it true that with the flatline you have to have it set for 280-285fps for it to be accurate? my friend said he had it and it shot out at an arc. then again, he may have oiled the barrel or set it to high.

dont EVER oil your barrel.....

as for the flatline.. yes it will go farther... bt it will not be accurate.. the flatline barrel is curved... and it puts a backspin on the ball throwing it upward so it flies farther... not more accurate though...

the way to accuracy with paint/barrel match... each box of paint is a slight different size... if you match them perfect u will be shooting darts... i personally have a freak barrel system... its like 8 barrels in one... buncha different bore size inserts i can put into the barrel to match the sizes.... even the same box of paint in different weather will change the way the ball shoots... its slightly shrinks or expands.. :)

also if you have hte bags or boxes of paint at home.. storing htem.... rotate htem every so often so they dont get "flat spots" on them making them sucky

ar0ck
06-21-2005, 01:40 PM
If you go again, give me at least a 2 week heads-up, so I can take off from work and place an order for a flat-line barrel, that I keep saying Im going to buy next time I play.

bad64chevelle
06-21-2005, 05:52 PM
I had problems with the flatline, however when it worked OMG!!! I bought many barrels for the gun over the years (the shop near me lets you buy and use and if you dont like return). I own the flatline, and recently waxed *YES WAXED* the inside of the barrel and it fixed many problems, but not all. Reaction Trigger is awesome. Dont own one, cause i dont have the 98C or the need to shoot alot of paint.

robj
06-21-2005, 06:58 PM
I had problems with the flatline, however when it worked OMG!!! I bought many barrels for the gun over the years (the shop near me lets you buy and use and if you dont like return). I own the flatline, and recently waxed *YES WAXED* the inside of the barrel and it fixed many problems, but not all. Reaction Trigger is awesome. Dont own one, cause i dont have the 98C or the need to shoot alot of paint.

well thats a definate first for me... ive never heard of ANYONE waxing their barrel hmmm.....

skorpion317
06-21-2005, 08:40 PM
never heard of anyone waxing the barrel either. that kinda defeats the purpose of the barrel. the top part inside the barrel is rough to put friction on the ball and give it backspin.

the flatline barrel is curved slightly downward when installed on the gun. this compensates for the lift the ball has when backspin is put on it. the result is a flat, straight shot.

and it is VERY accurate, if it is installed correctly. it's not too hard to line up if you have half a brain.

bad64chevelle
06-22-2005, 07:01 AM
dunno what to tell ya...worked better than it ever did once i waxed the barrel.

sikbyrd350
06-22-2005, 09:08 AM
what would be the best(most accurate) barrel to get? In airsoft, I'm a sniper, but that could be a challenge in paintball. If I can get decent accuracy, that would eliminate my need for a RT. Any thoughts?
Also, how's the CO2 forward conversion? Does it make the gun balance better? or with a longer barrel, should I leave it in the stock position?

skorpion317
06-22-2005, 01:21 PM
what would be the best(most accurate) barrel to get? In airsoft, I'm a sniper, but that could be a challenge in paintball. If I can get decent accuracy, that would eliminate my need for a RT. Any thoughts?
Also, how's the CO2 forward conversion? Does it make the gun balance better? or with a longer barrel, should I leave it in the stock position?

my personal preference is to get a remote line. this takes the tank off the gun, and helps balance it out.

as far as accurate barrels go, there's a ton. again, i'm partial to the Flatline, but there's others out there. And a word to the wise.....don't use the word "sniper" in paintball. it'll start a huge debate as to whether they exist or not (IMO, they don't exist in paintball, the ranges at which one is engaging does not qualify one to be a sniper).

robj
06-22-2005, 03:25 PM

my personal preference is to get a remote line. this takes the tank off the gun, and helps balance it out.

as far as accurate barrels go, there's a ton. again, i'm partial to the Flatline, but there's others out there. And a word to the wise.....don't use the word "sniper" in paintball. it'll start a huge debate as to whether they exist or not (IMO, they don't exist in paintball, the ranges at which one is engaging does not qualify one to be a sniper).

werd ill laugh at you if you say your a paintball sniper :)

more accurate barrel is a barrel kit like i was sayin with multiple bore sizers to fit the size of the paint that partiuclar day.

ar0ck
06-22-2005, 04:42 PM
BTW I have an A-5, The Flat-line for that gun is A+. I hear mixed things about flat-lines on 98's.

sikbyrd350
06-23-2005, 09:11 AM

werd ill laugh at you if you say your a paintball sniper :)

more accurate barrel is a barrel kit like i was sayin with multiple bore sizers to fit the size of the paint that partiuclar day.
sorry didn't know there were no paintball snipers.

is there 1 certain kind of kit you would reccomend, or is it generic?

skorpion317
06-23-2005, 12:03 PM
BTW I have an A-5, The Flat-line for that gun is A+. I hear mixed things about flat-lines on 98's.

they made it easy to install the Flatline for the A-5. just a simple twist and click, it's perfectly adjusted. the 98 takes a little bit more fine tuning. It's not a hassle, but a lot of people get frustrated because they don't know how to install it correctly.

bad64chevelle
06-23-2005, 12:16 PM
Maybe you should teach me then lol. Give me some tips or tricks on how to do it if you can. I could never get it to work correctly. Thanks.

skorpion317
06-23-2005, 09:42 PM
Maybe you should teach me then lol. Give me some tips or tricks on how to do it if you can. I could never get it to work correctly. Thanks.

it's not easy to eyeball it, but that's what i do. look down the barrel of the gun (from the back), and you should be able to see if it's cocked to the right or left.

there's a small notch on top of the muzzle of the barrel. on my barrel, it's not centered, and i have to turn the barrel slightly to the right (so the notch goes left). i don't know if all 98 Flatline barrels are like that, or if i just got a messed-up notch. either way, it still helps with installing the barrel.

one trick a lot of people do is make their own notch. when the barrel is installed correctly, they take an exacto knife or something similar, and make a mark on top of the barrel near the shroud so they can line it up later.