PDA

View Full Version : Crane Cams Heads Up Class

NJSPEEDER
06-28-2005, 03:56 PM
hey gang,
crane cams has jumped on board to throw up a great prize to the winner of the heads up class. i will announce the actual prize as soon as it gets here, but i will let you know that it is a $800+ value. :)

General Rules:
All cars must pass an NHRA based safety inspection prior to competition on the day of the meet
All vehicles must be muffled. No cut outs permitted to be used.
All cars must have a "full" interior consisting of complete dash, fully carpeted interior, two front seats large enough for an adult, back seats may be removed if area is carpeted, console may be removed if area is carpeted.
Any power plant is acceptable
Any transmission allowed
Any amount of any single power adder allowed(twin turbos, twin superchargers, multistage nitrous systems permitted)
Intake charge cooling is allowed(intercoolers, aftercoolers, alchy/water injection)
All electronics permitted(transbrakes, two steps, delay boxes)
Racing will be on a pro tree(.400 pro tree)
Backhalved cars prohibited(Mini tubs are acceptable for proper clearance of class legal tire sizes)
After "qualifying" run(number of runs TBA) cars will be set up in a pro style elimination ladder

Tire Rules:
Full slicks will be limited to a 10.5W width advertised size on the sidewall
DOT "cheat" slicks limited to 11.5 width advertised on sidewall
Drag radials sizes are not restricted.

i hope this is acceptable to everyone. unless there are any major concerns we are considering teh rules complete and final.

later
tim

SteveR
06-28-2005, 05:58 PM
Wow, this is sounding good. Will this be a dial or fastest car wins?

NJSPEEDER
06-28-2005, 11:19 PM
old fashioned heads up. first to the line from a pro tree :)

later
tim

camaroracer1992
06-29-2005, 09:48 AM
im in timmy!!!!!! the camaro will be running!!!

Tru2Chevy
06-29-2005, 09:50 AM
im in timmy!!!!!! the camaro will be running!!!

Yay!!!

- Justin

camaroracer1992
06-29-2005, 09:52 AM
whats that for??? you guys that anxious to see my car run??
joe

Tru2Chevy
06-29-2005, 10:19 AM
whats that for??? you guys that anxious to see my car run??
joe

I'm anxious to see everyone run....but ever since you started your car up in the trailer for us that night I've been wanting to see it on the track. Now it sounds like it will be even better :)

- Justin

camaroracer1992
06-29-2005, 10:31 AM
hehe yeah it should be, hotter cam, higher compression, ought to be interesting

jrsfast84
07-01-2005, 05:54 AM
i'm in, i'm testing on Sunday, July 10th, at Island Dragway,hope car doesn't wheelstand to hard, don't have my paracute on yet, just got motor back from Dyno, last night, should be fast.see you's at the track.

camaroracer1992
07-01-2005, 07:31 AM
jrsfast do you have any pictures of your car? im sure youll be the winner of this class, i wont be nearly as competitive as you. hit me up on AOL IM sometime uncer this screen name.

SteveR
07-01-2005, 07:35 AM
I wish my '79 would be done in time but it looks like it unfortunately won't. Oh well, I'll be some good competition for next year :twisted:

NJSPEEDER
07-01-2005, 08:04 PM
I wish my '79 would be done in time but it looks like it unfortunately won't. Oh well, I'll be some good competition for next year :twisted:

next year several of us hope to have a shot in this heads up class. :twisted: :grampsch: "just a little pump gas small block, i swear" :D

later
tim

jrsfast84
07-02-2005, 05:37 AM
a pump gas motor class would be cool, i have parts to build a sbc on juice, that should go mid to low 9's, after you see how this years event makes out, there are changes to make it better for next year.see you's at the track. JR1.

NJSPEEDER
07-02-2005, 09:33 AM
when i was reesearching rules for a heads up class i looked into the pump gas thing. it would definately be cool and has become very popular with the hot rod magazine shoot out.
i still think a turbo'ed LSx motor in a late thirdgen on stock suspension is the way to go. you can meet all safety and still have a car that only weighs about 2700lbs. if you back halve it the weight could go even lower. the only limit is how much money do you have to buy carbon fiber. :)
it is a possibility next year, just have to come up with a reasonable way to enforce teh fuel rules, prolly take a pretty good fuel company sponsor to get it done right.

later
tim

DroptopDave
07-15-2005, 07:57 PM
Can I run With my convertible top down, I usearm restraints and is NHRA legal? Do Bullets count as mufflers?

NJSPEEDER
07-15-2005, 08:05 PM
bullets count as mufflers.
i am not sure of the NHRA safety rules regarding running top down. you may want to get in touch with the track or the NHRA Division1 offices to make sure your car meets all safety regs to do so.
it would be pretty kick asss to see a car scream the lane topless.

later
tim

Squirrel
07-15-2005, 10:11 PM
im pretty sure the only way for a car to go topless is if it has a cage, not just a bar; the time has no bearing

Tru2Chevy
07-18-2005, 12:35 PM
im pretty sure the only way for a car to go topless is if it has a cage, not just a bar; the time has no bearing

Seeing as how the car currently runs at least 9's, I'm sure he's got a full cage :wink:

- Justin

WayFast84
02-08-2006, 09:51 PM
Im gonna race in this clas!!! Ill have somethin for yah guys to!!

Tru2Chevy
02-09-2006, 10:47 AM
Im gonna race in this clas!!! Ill have somethin for yah guys to!!

Did you bother to look and see that this was from last year's event?

- Justin

radialtireking
02-09-2006, 03:09 PM
I should be firing up the new motor this weekend. I'm heading out to the garage to fab up the exhaust right now. Should go well into the 8's on a 275 drag radial.