PDA

View Full Version : Need a good body/paint shop

Savage_Messiah
07-08-2005, 02:22 PM
OK so as most of you know the only thing I have left to do from my accident is the new hood, and the get the front bumper cover repainted/matched to my car. I'm getting a fiberglass SS hood, but it probably won't be a perfect fit. I need to find a body shop that a) does good work and b) has pretty good prices. I may also get my 1/4 panel dents taken care of at the same time, but probably not. Shop preferably needs to be in North jersey, but if the quality/price combo is good enough I can go to central. Thanks.

enRo
07-08-2005, 03:31 PM
WELLLLLL... the work I've seen from Dales is pretty good (even though they denied putting my ground effects on)... if your coming to Hot Dog Johnny's on sunday, you can go down the road a bit into hackettstown and get a quote. Then theres a guy that my dad went to school with up the road from my house. He does chop tops, custom paint, etc. The only problems are... 1) His mind seems "off the deep end" and 2) He takes forever .

The Fixer
07-08-2005, 04:59 PM
You could try Garden State Auto Body in Bergenfield, they're down Clinton Ave. right before the RR tracks. They do nice work, but might be pricey. Can't hurt to stop in for a quote.

Savage_Messiah
07-11-2005, 09:10 PM
You could try Garden State Auto Body in Bergenfield, they're down Clinton Ave. right before the RR tracks. They do nice work, but might be pricey. Can't hurt to stop in for a quote.

Thanks, I'll check them out. Do you know anyone there or just seen their work?

Anywhere else?

The Fixer
07-12-2005, 09:01 AM
I had some work done by them a long time ago, and it came out great. They've been in business a long time.

Another shop you can try is Darmochwal Auto Body on Woodbine Ave. in Bergenfield (right around the corner from the other shop I mentioned). I've talked to the son of the owner a few times. Tell him Steve with the white Monte SS sent you there.

Savage_Messiah
07-12-2005, 04:47 PM
:cry:

Garden state auto body ... total 1585.65 (hood, fix radiator support (he said the way it is the hood wouldnt close), and blend the nose). And I asked also about taking cae of the dents in my 1/4 panel... that bumped it up to 2527 :cry:

The other one scared me away because there are always eclipses and civics outside of it...

The Fixer
07-13-2005, 08:49 AM
Ouch! I didn't realize they had cranked their prices up so much.

The ricer crap is for ATX Motorsports, the "tuner" shop next door. The body shop is the white building just after that place. They're into muscle cars; the son is building an older Malibu with a mean small block.

Savage_Messiah
07-13-2005, 06:10 PM
Ouch! I didn't realize they had cranked their prices up so much.

The ricer crap is for ATX Motorsports, the "tuner" shop next door. The body shop is the white building just after that place. They're into muscle cars; the son is building an older Malibu with a mean small block.

Ahhhhh gotcha. Maybe ill try to wake up early (heh...) and stop by there, and a couple places in Tenafly (tenafly auto body on grove st., and brud clake's on piermont road) and get me some quotes.

The Fixer
07-13-2005, 10:26 PM
Sounds good, drag your ass outta bed early and get movin'!

Savage_Messiah
07-13-2005, 10:43 PM
Haha, I'll try... can you think of anywhere else?