PDA

View Full Version : What' some good color schemes?

Gio93z
07-09-2005, 12:44 PM
As most of you know my 93z is Prowler Yellow with Black Stripes. I'm currently having the engine rebuilt into a 383 and I have som ecolor options for it. Anyone have some ideas.

some color options are....... red . black . grey . silver . orange . blue . green . yellow . purple and a metallic finish

I was thinking about doing the manifold yellow with the top fins black and the block itself maybe black.

That's all i have so far but any ideas from you guys/girls would be helpful. the main parts to be painted if at all would most likely be the manifold, heads, and block.

Thanks !

Tru2Chevy
07-09-2005, 01:34 PM
I would do mosty black, with a few yellow accents that would be fairly easy to repaint. That way you can change them when you decide to repaint your car....

- Justin

Gio93z
07-09-2005, 01:47 PM
that makes sense for sure - but i dont forsee the camaro changing body color - i used to change teh stripe color all tehtime - but i have only had teh body color changed once from original black, to current yellow - good idea though - thanks

The Fixer
07-09-2005, 04:17 PM
You can't go wrong with a satin black on the engine block; it's great for hiding oil leaks (cause every Chevy motor I've owned has leaked from somewhere). Leave the heads the bare aluminum finish, and maybe have the intake bead-blasted and paint the top "lines" yellow to match. Then add a set of simple billet valve covers and you'd be good to go.

Gio93z
07-09-2005, 05:07 PM
yea i think im going to go with a black block - either black or normal aluminum color heads and a yellow manifold with black 'lines' / fins - i dont know - we'll see we'll see