PDA

View Full Version : tranny cooler lines

camaro2you
07-14-2005, 10:10 PM
how should i run the lines for my tranny cooler and what should i use? I was planning on getting and aluminum rad and its cheaper to get one for a manual car since there is no cooler and i wanted to run a cooler anyway so how sould i run them from the tranny to the cooler, the cooler will be infront of the condessor.

HardcoreZ28
07-15-2005, 07:48 AM
If you are eliminating the cooler in the radiator just run one rubber hose from each of the solid lines coming out of the trans to one of the inlet/outlets on the cooler once it's mounted. Watch where you run the rubber hose, you don't want it to rub on something and wear through. If you can determine which is the return and supply lines you'll want to put the return line on top (fluid coming from trans to cooler) to let gravity help you out a little.

Tru2Chevy
07-15-2005, 09:14 AM
Just make sure you get the proper rubber hose when you do it. I tossed a small piece of random rubber hose on one of my tranny lines because it had a crack in it, and it's already tearing the hose apart just sitting in the driveway....

- Justin

HardcoreZ28
07-15-2005, 09:47 AM
Just make sure you get the proper rubber hose when you do it. I tossed a small piece of random rubber hose on one of my tranny lines because it had a crack in it, and it's already tearing the hose apart just sitting in the driveway....

- Justin

Yeah make sure you use the hose that comes with the trans cooler you buy.

camaro2you
07-15-2005, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the help ill let you know how it works out first i have to put the trans and motor in lol.