PDA

View Full Version : window problem

GrandmasterCow
07-23-2005, 10:59 AM
alright, my drivers window suddenly stopped going up or down. it moves less than an inch in either direction and i just hear the motor grinding. i immediately thought the motor might be going, but then the motor wouldnt be making a grinding noise. it sounds like gears grinding against each other. well, a rivit that holds the window attatched to a verticle track in the door broke out. this is a pic of it, it is located near the door handle.
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/4236/imgp07479nq.jpg

im wondering if this is only problem and how i should go about fixing it, or what? because i think if it was the only problem, then if i held that end up with my hand and hit the window button it should work fine.... but it doesn't, meaning i think something else is out of whack. anyone got ideas?

V
07-23-2005, 03:56 PM
from what i can see, youll need replacement window internals. that part that broke appears to be where the front of the window attaches to the track, with the weight of the window, once it starts grinding even holding it up wont work 100%. If you want, i have a 93-02 firebird/trans am door with complete internals. motor should probably be changed since its been stored outside. you can have the full door for $20 if you're interested, or if you want i'll pull all the internal parts and ship them, but that may take 2 or 3 weeks.

GrandmasterCow
07-24-2005, 01:29 AM
yeah man, i just need my damned window/door back to normal. lol. um ya i still gatta figure out how to remove everything form inside and all, i just took the door panel and clear panel off for now, so i can inspect the insides.