PDA

View Full Version : LCA Install Price?

dan30thz28
07-26-2005, 08:47 PM
Hi,
I have a set of SLP tubular LCA's that I either want to install with someone (because I'm not sure I the tools/ability on my own), or find out how much that install would cost if I did it myself. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Fasterthanyou
07-26-2005, 09:02 PM
LCA's as in rear LCA's? If so, it's only 4 bolts for all 2 arms. 2 on either end... not hard at all. The only trick is to do ONE at a time. Don't remove both arms, remove one, install new, go to next side, same thing. Have the rear of the car supported by something other than the rear itself. A good place is right infront of the the LCA where it bolts to the body.
A shop could do it for you in about 10 minutes if they're lazy.

Jersey_TA
07-26-2005, 09:46 PM
what ^ said

it's cake. put the back of the car on jackstands and it's 4 bolts.

Pampered-Z
07-27-2005, 09:26 AM
would cost .
Sincerely,

Dan,

No you can't do it yourself, you'll need help and very special tools.

I have the tools and can help, standard CJCFO price - Beer! :D

JB

9secfirebird
07-27-2005, 09:34 AM
the problem isnt so much putting the new ones in, its getting them out. the bushings have a steel sleeve inside of them that the bolt goes through, and the bolt really likes to rust inside of them sometimes and can give you a very hard time. install time is approx 2.5 mins. and have new bolts for them, it will make it easier

foff667
07-27-2005, 09:56 AM
the problem isnt so much putting the new ones in, its getting them out. the bushings have a steel sleeve inside of them that the bolt goes through, and the bolt really likes to rust inside of them sometimes and can give you a very hard time. install time is approx 2.5 mins. and have new bolts for them, it will make it easier

yah you'll need a little muscle to get the old ones out but they are pretty simple.

Tru2Chevy
07-27-2005, 10:09 AM
Soak em down in PB Blaster a few minutes before you try to remove them. That will make life much easier :)

- Justin

9secfirebird
07-27-2005, 10:51 AM
sometimes its tough to get the pb blaster spray in between the bushing and the bolt inside the lca. most of the time i just cut the bolt of right infront of the bushing and before the mount. hence the new bolts

foff667
07-27-2005, 12:13 PM
sometimes its tough to get the pb blaster spray in between the bushing and the bolt inside the lca. most of the time i just cut the bolt of right infront of the bushing and before the mount. hence the new bolts

fwiw ive never had to cut the bolt...ive done about 6 lca installs now :shrug:

dan30thz28
07-27-2005, 12:57 PM
Hi everyone,
Thanks for the replies. John, name the place and we'll work out your beer needs. Yes it's rear LCA's. I'd also like to get replacment bolts for the the LCA's since everyone says they break when you do this job. What's the best place to go for that? Thanks for all your assistance once again.

Sincerely,

9secfirebird
07-27-2005, 01:04 PM
iunno...i have done alot on thirdgens (which are older) that ive had that problem with, afew fourthgens too

foff667
07-27-2005, 01:19 PM
iunno...i have done alot on thirdgens (which are older) that ive had that problem with, afew fourthgens too

yah i dunno either...i helped with chucks 86 Z & had no problems as well as my 98 as well as a few cars in between with no problems...maybe you just have bad luck :shrug:

Tru2Chevy
07-27-2005, 03:00 PM
The ones on my '87 had prolly never been touched before I just replaced them, and I didn't have much trouble taking them off. Cleaned them up with a wire wheel and tossed 'em back in with boxed LCA's and poly bushings.

- Justin

Pampered-Z
07-27-2005, 04:28 PM
Hi everyone,
Thanks for the replies. John, name the place and we'll work out your beer needs. Yes it's rear LCA's. I'd also like to get replacment bolts for the the LCA's since everyone says they break when you do this job. What's the best place to go for that? Thanks for all your assistance once again.

Sincerely,

Can we do it at your place? that would probably be easiest?

Your car has never seen rain or winter, I wouldn't worry about the bolts being rusty. Like the others said, soak then a few times before we do them. Any Monday or Tuesday night is normally good for me other then the 2nd Tuesday of the month :shock: I'll be at Fudds. :D

Pampered-Z
08-02-2005, 08:30 AM
You got a PM