PDA

View Full Version : masking tape adhesive

jola
07-30-2005, 04:32 PM
i was working on my window motor, but i had to do on 2 days because of work, so for the 2 days i wasn't working on my door, i taped up around the window so none of the inside parts of my door would get wet when it rained. well, i finished, and my car didn't get wet, but as you all know, it was pretty hot the past week, so the glue melted off the tape and onto my car. i scraped the stuff off my window with a razor, but what cleaner should i use to get it off my weatherstriping, paint, and the plastic part along the edge of the t-tops?

Ian
07-30-2005, 04:41 PM
goo gone or goof off...whatever that crap is called. that should probably work. Or you could use lighter fluid (not butane, the liquid stuff)

PDubs87Z28
07-30-2005, 05:13 PM
goo gone or goof off...whatever that crap is called.

Those and try some bug and tar remover. I had under coat on my rear 1/4 in a nice size spot i hit real quick with gas that hit it with water....it didn't eat the clear and its perfectly fine.....but don't use gas on the rubber and (not to sound gay) but don't rub hard with gas either....gotta be real quick. and right after hit it with water

camaro2you
07-30-2005, 09:37 PM
goo gone or goof off...whatever that crap is called. that should probably work. Or you could use lighter fluid (not butane, the liquid stuff)

wow be careful if you dont use goof off 2 it will melt your plastic/rubber.

The Fixer
07-30-2005, 09:46 PM
Use 3M Adhesive Remover - great stuff!

jola
07-31-2005, 12:03 AM
i picked up some goo gone tonight. it worked pretty well, but it was a little rough on the rubber running along the bottom edge of my window. now it has a little texture since i guess i let it work into the rubber too much, but besides that, all my weatherstriping is clean. thanks for the help everyone.

Ian
07-31-2005, 03:07 AM
anytime! thats what were here for. :)