PDA

View Full Version : got the new rear in

BlueFBird
08-03-2005, 02:13 PM
i got the whole rear takin out and swapped with another one all day yesterday with jimmy... took it there got eevrything in got it out at like 11 at nite then now both rear wheels are whobbling? now its home and i have no clue what the hell is wrong? could it only be that the rear is shot?

thanks
justin

Pampered-Z
08-03-2005, 03:36 PM
Are the wheels flush against hub? Reason I ask, I noticed you don't have the stock rims and 93's had a slightly larger hub. I had to do some slight grinding to get my SS rims to fit proper.

BlueFBird
08-03-2005, 09:33 PM
Are the wheels flush against hub? Â*Reason I ask, I noticed you don't have the stock rims and 93's had a slightly larger hub. Â*I had to do some slight grinding to get my SS rims to fit proper.

im pretty sure that not the prob, ss wheels are set up fo these cars...

looks like no nats for me.. :cry:

camaro2you
08-04-2005, 07:39 AM
id check to see if the wheels are mounted flush.

Tru2Chevy
08-04-2005, 09:30 AM
Are the wheels flush against hub? Â*Reason I ask, I noticed you don't have the stock rims and 93's had a slightly larger hub. Â*I had to do some slight grinding to get my SS rims to fit proper.

im pretty sure that not the prob, ss wheels are set up fo these cars...

looks like no nats for me.. Â* :cry:

Is the rear you got from a '93? If so - listen to John, he knows his ish.

- Justin

Fastbird
08-04-2005, 11:25 AM
I can also confirm the slightly larger hub on the rear of the 93's having dealt with it myself. I'd check first and foremost that the wheels are flush mounted.

Also, why aren't you 93 guys over on the speed density board too??? :?:

BlueFBird
08-04-2005, 12:27 PM
i got a dif rear from a 96

JL8Jeff
08-04-2005, 01:53 PM
Get it up on jackstands and take the wheels/rotors off and try turning the rear to see if the flange is wobbling or stays straight. It doesn't take much of a bent flange to make a wheel wobble look really bad. My 68 had a bent flange last year and I had to replace the axle. If you have 93 rotors sitting on a 96 rear, that might cause it to not sit flush since I think there were differences in the rotors. The odds that both axle flanges are bent is pretty low but who knows, maybe someone thought they were the Dukes of Hazzard and jumped a few creeks. Definitely check the rotors and wheels to make sure they are sitting flush.

Pampered-Z
08-04-2005, 01:56 PM
Also, why aren't you 93 guys over on the speed density board too??? Â* :?:

I'm there. just don't post much.

Put the car up on jack stands and spin the wheels and see if you can better determine what the problem is. Sounds odd that both wheels would wobble? I could understand one bent axle/hub. That would take a h$ll of a hit to bend a rear up that badly.

BlueFBird
08-04-2005, 01:58 PM
i jsut tried to get the wheels off and i cant get them off wtf is that...i dunno what to do

Tru2Chevy
08-04-2005, 02:16 PM
i jsut tried to get the wheels off and i cant get them off wtf is that...i dunno what to do

Kick the face of the tire a bit and see if that jars them loose....

Sounds like something is bent if you can't even get the wheels off. Are these the aftermarket wheels that were on the car before? Are you 100% sure that they were not damaged when you smacked up the old rear.

- Justin

BlueFBird
08-04-2005, 02:29 PM
naa i got new wheels i got ss 10 pokes to put on which is on now...i tried hitten the face got nothin

BlueFBird
08-04-2005, 03:02 PM
i think they might not be flush with the hub also when i look closely at the rim

id put on another set if i could get the frekin rims off

Tru2Chevy
08-04-2005, 04:04 PM
i think they might not be flush with the hub also when i look closely at the rim

id put on another set if i could get the frekin rims off

Well good luck. If you put them on and they weren't flush, then you drove on them, you may have damaged the wheel studs or something. With all that weight loaded unevenly on the studs, you may have to be pretty rough with that tire to get the wheel off.

Look over everything carefully to see if you see anything bent.

- Justin

JL8Jeff
08-04-2005, 04:37 PM
Sounds like the rotors/wheels aren't sitting flush on the flange. It could be the rotor opening is too small and rubbing against the flange. Just start tapping it as you go around in a circle and you should be able to break the wheel loose. I drove my 68 last year with the rotors/wheels on crooked and it didn't damage anything else. I had to grind out the center opening on the rotors to get them to fit and sit flush on the flange.

BlueFBird
08-04-2005, 06:19 PM
ya tahts what im thinkin we swapped out the rotars from the 93 rear into the 96, im gona try and put the ones from the 96 in and see if that corrects nething