PDA

View Full Version : Trans is nearing death/slipping

GP99GT
08-10-2005, 01:55 PM
just recently, my trans has been slipping in first gear when its cold...i guess thats ok for 130k miles, but i dunno. Anyway, what should i expect to pay for a rebuild of a 4T65E trans? Anyone know some people that could hook me up on a deal? money's tight at the moment...so im trying to find a good deal.

foff667
08-10-2005, 02:25 PM
I would talk to badzracing...but from what ive seen racing trannies go for around $2k...figure just a std rebuild would be 1200-1500ish. One way or the other talk to him to see if he can do the work I would definitly trust him with my tranny work.

Tru2Chevy
08-10-2005, 03:01 PM
I would talk to badzracing...but from what ive seen racing trannies go for around $2k...figure just a std rebuild would be 1200-1500ish. Â*One way or the other talk to him to see if he can do the work I would definitly trust him with my tranny work.

Don't quote me on this one, but I remember him saying that they don't like to mess with electronically-controlled trannys.....

- Justin

foff667
08-10-2005, 03:46 PM
I would talk to badzracing...but from what ive seen racing trannies go for around $2k...figure just a std rebuild would be 1200-1500ish. Â*One way or the other talk to him to see if he can do the work I would definitly trust him with my tranny work.

Don't quote me on this one, but I remember him saying that they don't like to mess with electronically-controlled trannys.....

- Justin

I also remember him asking me how soon he'll have to learn to build one of my trannies lol

The Fixer
08-10-2005, 05:57 PM
GP, you should buy my dad's 2-door black '97 GT instead of fixing your tranny. His car only has 64K on it. :)

V
08-10-2005, 06:20 PM
pat barret transmissions wanted like $1,300 to rebuild the tranny in my 95 STS caddy. I dont know what specific trans that was, but i think its very similar to yours. but in my case it turned out i didnt need a rebuild. I wasnt convinced it was as bad as the guy said, so.. i scanned the comp and found a "shift ratio b error" . after talking to CP transmission in little ferry, we found out i could have broke a solenoid in the trans, for $100 plus a $25 solenoid, CP opened it up and found the solenoid hanging by the wires in the trans pan and fixed it. So, if you want quality work done, i highly recommend CP transmissions. I had my t5 rebuilt there, my sisters jeep trans, my dodge ram trans, and my parents old 87 crown vic trans. good price for great work.