PDA

View Full Version : What the...?

Untamed
08-11-2005, 03:36 PM
Not sure what possesses some people to try and make a "one of a kind" out of a car that looks great untouched.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pontiac-Firebird-ONE-OF-A-KIND-CUSTOM-TRANS-AM-STYLE-MUST-SEE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6420QQitemZ45669496 85QQrdZ1#ebayphotohosting

calhoon
08-11-2005, 03:45 PM
That's not one off. Drive by a marina in the winter, all the boats look like that when they shrink wrap them. And what's with the "low rider" interior?

Dave I think your car is a much better one off, I mean who else has moldable bondo on their fenders?

JTFormula
08-11-2005, 03:45 PM
SAD, VERY SAD! - Let us bow our heads for a moment of silence in remembrance of a once beautiful car.

The real sad part is they state "$75,000 invested" - More like chucked out the window!

I hope to not see that at the Trans Am Nationals in Dayton Ohio in two weeks :shock: .

Untamed
08-11-2005, 03:46 PM
Dave I think your car is a much better one off, I mean who else has moldable bondo on their fenders?

LOL... shut up! :lol:

PDubs87Z28
08-11-2005, 04:02 PM
yes ugly car....BUT i like the color, just not on that car.

jims69camaro
08-11-2005, 05:21 PM
i love the lack of seams, shaved body panels (door handles, etc) - makes for a very smooth appearance. there is something wrong with the front bumper's angle, but it looks to be the stock angle. love the headlight doors, but they look out of place on that car. i do not like the buttons on the seats and leather just makes the interior look "heavy".

btw, the brown second gen had a few details wrong. just upon quick observation, the trim tag doesn't match the vin number. the ad says 12000 mile survivor, but the odometer reads 17000 and that paint looks a little too good to be the original. even if it was in the garage constantly, i think it would be hard to keep the envormental contaminants out of the paint for 27 years.

even with its problems, i'd rather have the brown one over the red one. it'll be worth somehing someday.

Squirrel
08-11-2005, 05:25 PM
i didnt pontiac made avanti

foff667
08-11-2005, 05:27 PM
eh...I will say they probably did invest alot but its not my bag...never been a 2nd gen fan...untamed obviously being a big 2nd gen fan would probably strangle this guy if he saw him though :lol:

Koll
08-11-2005, 06:06 PM
Bastard child of a toronado and avanti.

calhoon
08-11-2005, 07:52 PM
i love the lack of seams, shaved body panels (door handles, etc) - makes for a very smooth appearance. there is something wrong with the front bumper's angle, but it looks to be the stock angle. love the headlight doors, but they look out of place on that car. i do not like the buttons on the seats and leather just makes the interior look "heavy".

btw, the brown second gen had a few details wrong. just upon quick observation, the trim tag doesn't match the vin number. the ad says 12000 mile survivor, but the odometer reads 17000 and that paint looks a little too good to be the original. even if it was in the garage constantly, i think it would be hard to keep the envormental contaminants out of the paint for 27 years.

even with its problems, i'd rather have the brown one over the red one. it'll be worth somehing someday.

I love that smooth shaved look too, but it has to be on the right car, like a 'like anything from '31-'50. I don't think it works so well on an f-body.

JTFormula
08-20-2005, 03:34 PM
Actually, the new Avanti used the Firebird chassis - How’s that for obscure! 8)

Tsar
08-20-2005, 03:42 PM
um... :?