PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Time

ar0ck
08-15-2005, 10:53 AM
When I was working on my car on Saturday I noticed a few key things that gave me some clear signs that the suspension needs a revamping.

So far Im thinking:
- 98+ WS6 Rear Sway Bar
- Polyeurethane Bushings
- Tubular LCA's
- LCA relocation brackets
- Some adjustable affordable shock & struts
- New bump stops
- Lowering Springs

Does anyone have any recomendations for brands? Place to get them for a good price?

jrsfast84
08-15-2005, 03:12 PM
Call Steve Spohn, his Son is very good with F-body cars(717-273-6004) or www.spohn.net. good luck. tell them John Newman from Easton,pa. told you to call. good luck. JR1.

NJSPEEDER
08-15-2005, 03:19 PM
don't worry about adjustable shocks. unless you plan to compete and spend time tweaking the hell out of the set up for a different condition everyday they really aren't worth it.
check out bilstein. i have used their heavy duty and race stuff. they work great and last a long time.
for springs i woudl suggest going with eibach pro kits. they are a little more than 1" drop and wil add a ton to the handling of the car.
for control arms/panhard/torque arm i am all about bmr. great stuff and it is all available in chromoly :) save weight adn improve handling.

later
tim

jrsfast84
08-15-2005, 03:46 PM
Tim is right, BMR makes great parts,i have there Extreme Sway Bar,chromoly is a good idea, i choose Spohn because he's close if i need something done to the car, which they helped me get my car working again. JR1.

camaroracer1992
08-15-2005, 09:33 PM
jrs you are running all spohn stuff inclduing the ta? i have all his stuff and the bmr xtreme rear sway bar. my car rides a tad stiff but hooks up like a bitch!! hehe. im looking into getting a kmember this winter and do the front suspension/brakes.

jrsfast84
08-16-2005, 05:47 AM
my torque arm,lca,panhard bar was made by Leo Barnaby of Neverlift Motorsports in NJ., BMR -Extreme Sway-bar,Spohn-lca brackets & trans.crossmember for th400 with loop, Pro-Fab- k-member,arms,rack,coil-overs,Moser 12 bolt- 4.30's,QA1- Single adj.rear shocks, Koni- front adj. my car is stiff to but does hook nasty if track is perfect, track goes away, i spin, if you plan on doing the front-end, shop around. good luck. JR1.

camaroracer1992
08-16-2005, 07:22 AM
how do you like the pro fab kmember, i want to find the one that has the least amount of problems when i do the swap over winter.

joe

ar0ck
08-16-2005, 01:48 PM
Bit the bullet and got these:

Eibach Pro-Kit
Bilstien HD Shocks
Sphon Tubular LCA's
Weld in Relocation brackets
1LE Rear Sway Bar

Tru2Chevy
08-16-2005, 02:41 PM
Bit the bullet and got these:

Eibach Pro-Kit
Bilstien HD Shocks
Sphon Tubular LCA's
Weld in Relocation brackets
1LE Rear Sway Bar

Very Nice!

I'm sure you'll be very pleased with your new stance and the handling improvements.

- Justin

jrsfast84
08-18-2005, 07:51 PM
how do you like the pro fab kmember, i want to find the one that has the least amount of problems when i do the swap over winter.

joethere all easy to put in, it depends on if you are using a rack,or stock steering box, making up steering for a rack took more time than taking out the k-member and in putting new one and installing motor. i'd leave stock box in.its up to you. JR1.

j0n
08-18-2005, 11:14 PM
so how much is ttp charging you for the install on this next batch of ****>?

89 Trans Am WS6
08-21-2005, 08:48 PM
Thats a preety big bullet, lol