PDA

View Full Version : Paint Suggestions

enRo
08-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Ok, sometime in October, Ill be ordering paint supplies to do up my 88 WS6. Its a Formula that has a Trans Am conversion done to it. The original color is Med Maui Blue, but as of now, its prepped primer gray with black front and rear bumper and ground effects is black as well. I need some suggestions. I really dont feel like having an all Med Maui Blue car cuz mainly, I think its too "girly" of a color (hence once of the reasons why I am selling the Pro/Am) .. So I figure I wanna work that color into the paint scheme and get away with not painting the engine bay or the door jam ********. But if I must, then I will. I have a few suggestions and Im working up Photochops on what it'll look like with these colors.

Without painting engine bay/jams
1. Body flat black, baby blue pin-stripping and baby blue decals.
2. Same as above, but with Maui Blue ground effects trim

Full Paint Job
1. 83 Indy Pace Car clone (White with blue decals)
2. Metallic Black with gray ground effects and red pin-stripping around the car (level with bottom of doors)
3. All NBM body parts and white decal kit
4. All GMG
5. Recaro Clone (flat black with brown trim)

Or give your suggestions. Thanks

-Noah

Ian
08-25-2005, 08:37 PM
whats gmg? gun metal gray?

enRo
08-25-2005, 08:40 PM
whats gmg? gun metal gray?

:nod:

NJSPEEDER
08-25-2005, 09:22 PM
since you mentioned a throw back paint job with the pace car edition why not hit up the bandit style.
high gloss black, gold pin stiping, gold 2nd gen style chicken, and gold chickens on the sail panel :)
find yourself a nice set of honeycomb wheels and a CB antenna to complete the look. :D

later
tim

ar0ck
08-26-2005, 09:59 AM
I think a black combo similar to what Tim is talking about would look pretty slick. Make a Shaker hood set up for it too :lol: And instad of the honey comb wheels get a set of the gold laced GTA style wheels.

enRo
08-29-2005, 10:58 AM
What do you think? This was a quick 10 minute chop, Im still gonna do the throwback Bandit scheme, gun metal gray, and possibly the 84 Indy Pace Car clone scheme later today.

http://www.transmaro.net/images/WS6Sig.gif

Tru2Chevy
08-29-2005, 12:01 PM
I don't really care for that black/light blue setup. Maybe the Med. Maui Blue Metallic (like my car) with a few black touches would look better.

- Justin

NJSPEEDER
09-02-2005, 10:54 PM
I think a black combo similar to what Tim is talking about would look pretty slick. Â*Make a Shaker hood set up for it too :lol: Â*And instad of the honey comb wheels get a set of the gold laced GTA style wheels.

a few guys on TGO actually figured out how to do a functional shaker hood using a 78-81 style shaker and air cleaner pan. i remeber seeing pics of it on a GTA clone. looked pretty good.
too bad mr fancy pants went and swapped in that LB9, the LO3 could have benefitted from the cool fresh air :P

dz
09-04-2005, 01:41 AM
Do it all Metallic Midnight Blue.

That'd be amazing looking.

Ian
09-04-2005, 08:32 AM
either do #2 or #4.

this is what it would look like if it were all gmg.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/846647/1

Savage_Messiah
09-04-2005, 02:05 PM
I say... save the money for the z :lol:

jimmyboy8301
09-11-2005, 06:46 AM
since you mentioned a throw back paint job with the pace car edition why not hit up the bandit style.
high gloss black, gold pin stiping, gold 2nd gen style chicken, and gold chickens on the sail panel :)
find yourself a nice set of honeycomb wheels and a CB antenna to complete the look. :D

later
tim

yea, and don't forget Fred for the passangers seat.

PDubs87Z28
09-11-2005, 07:25 PM
Black/silver combo is hot :lol: But what i wanted to do my car with was a M3 Blue. i love that color. I saw on TGO that someone had Viper GTS sprayed on their camaro and thats hot too!

Pampered-Z
09-12-2005, 12:44 PM
I like option # 2

Something like this

http://www.pampered-z.cz28.com/images/84zpic2.jpg

enRo
09-12-2005, 12:49 PM
too bad mr fancy pants went and swapped in that LB9, the LO3 could have benefitted from the cool fresh air :P

I didnt... one of the previous owners did. Besides, TBI SUXORS! :lol: :lol:

Untamed
09-13-2005, 09:47 AM
I think a black combo similar to what Tim is talking about would look pretty slick. Â*Make a Shaker hood set up for it too :lol: Â*And instad of the honey comb wheels get a set of the gold laced GTA style wheels.

a few guys on TGO actually figured out how to do a functional shaker hood using a 78-81 style shaker and air cleaner pan. i remeber seeing pics of it on a GTA clone. looked pretty good.

what interior colors do you have Noah? Would you prefer to stick to stock colors? How about a hunter green metallic (flake?) with gold accents? That would work with a tan interior. Or a recaro throw-back like you mentioned with the ocher / gold gfx and gold wheels. Black or tan (or mixed black/tan) interior would work there.

Not sure about the shaker scoop or hood chicken, but the black and gold color scheme is what I'm using. I was looking for a 77-81 TA and ended up with an 88TA, so I'll at least cling to the colors I wanted.

enRo
09-13-2005, 01:29 PM
The interior I have is in abnormally nice condition, in a good way. It's a very clean gray with basically nothing wrong. I was thinking tan leather with a mixture of black. I definately wanna give it a throwback, or possibly the black/gray scheme.

Something exactly like this, but with tan groundeffects. This is the Limited Edition 1991 Bandit II
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17079726_W0QQitemZ4573297206QQcategoryZ6427QQrdZ1Q QcmdZViewItem

NJSPEEDER
09-13-2005, 03:53 PM
interesting ad. the car is a 87-90 body and brake lights and he is selling it as a 91.
i dunno how great tan will look as an exterior color.

later
tim

enRo
09-13-2005, 04:04 PM
The Bandit II... Its the same makers as my Pro/Am Tim, which is Choo Choo Customs... they used the 85-90 front bumper and tacted on the Razzi Body Kit. It is a 91 tho, they made the Bandits, 600 per year for 3 years (90, 91, and 92), and if Im not mistaken, they also did it for 89 but with 500. I think tan would look sick as the ground effects.

NJSPEEDER
09-13-2005, 06:10 PM
interesting, they changed the hatch too. 91 had the third brake light at the top, inside the glass.
that is also a 88 or earlier style rear bumper cover. after 88 they went to the smooth gta style rear covers on all trans am models.
sounds like an odd combo of parts, not bad looking, just odd.
are you thinking of black as the primary color with tan gfx? or are you looking to a lighter color for the main body of the car and have teh lightly colored gfx?

later
tim

enRo
09-13-2005, 06:36 PM
Yes black with tan ground effects. As long as I get something tan on the exterior (besides the bird), then Im good.

Technically, this fool with the Bandit posted it as a trans am... but its only a base formula.

tastyle88
09-13-2005, 07:03 PM
i can still get those gta wheels and tires back they are gold just need replace 1 tire for u i can get them for 300 if u would wanna go that route