PDA

View Full Version : painting a car

jola
09-02-2005, 10:13 PM
i'd like to paint my car within roughly a year. what i really want to know is the difference in cost of painting my car the same color vs. changing the color. i know they have to paint all the door jams and hard to get places if i were to change the color of my car, but how much of a price difference does this make? i mean, are we talking a few hundred dollars or a few thousand dollars? i really want a sunset orange metallic car (with blue neons :wink: ), but if its gonna run me millions of dollars, i'd just wait till i buy my next car.

JerzLT1
09-02-2005, 11:57 PM
no neons PLEASE

Tru2Chevy
09-03-2005, 07:54 AM
Well, if you want a good paintjob it's gonna cost you a few thousand anyway. The extra few bucks to paint the door jambs isn't gonna make a huge difference in price.

The best thing you can do to keep costs down is to do as much prep work yourself.

- Justin

jola
09-03-2005, 11:45 AM
i'd love to do the prep work myself. i'd have the time next spring/summer i think, but i have no knowledge. i'm afraid of messing up the prep work and then getting charged more money for them to fix it. :(

Tru2Chevy
09-05-2005, 02:15 PM
i'd love to do the prep work myself. i'd have the time next spring/summer i think, but i have no knowledge. i'm afraid of messing up the prep work and then getting charged more money for them to fix it. :(

We have enough paint and body guys here that can give you tips on body work, you don't have to worry about that.

- Justin