PDA

View Full Version : Engine Detailers

ar0ck
09-06-2005, 09:13 PM
Are their places you go that clean the entire engine bay?

Im looking some places in New Jersey that could do the whole enchelada and clean up my engine bay making it look like it rolled off the assembly line in 1995.

The only under-hood apperance I want is a spot-less one. Â*With a cleaned up emmisions set-up, Shaved Vette Fuel Rail Covers, that will be glossy black, with a chrome Camaro lettering on both sides, a black intake, with pollished lines, chrome battery cover, Chrome Z28 Throttle Body Plate w/ Black Lettering, and thats about it unless theirs a shiney hair-blower type object in view.

Thus completing what I want apperance wise :D

maroman88
09-09-2005, 07:26 PM
the speedy car wash in bergenfield next to fisher chevy on washington ave just opened a detailing center and on the menu thingy it said the engine bay was like $40 to detail..... mite wanna check it out

enRo
09-09-2005, 08:21 PM
How bout getting a clutch first :-D

Just get some degreaser and a roll of Bounty and ur ready to go!

Ian
09-10-2005, 12:26 AM
steam clean that bitch! :lol:

ar0ck
09-10-2005, 03:01 PM

I dunno if Opti will agree.

Tsar
09-10-2005, 03:15 PM

I dunno if Opti will agree.:werd: thats the reason im never washing my engine ever again :lol: I should've done it when it was broken!

Ian
09-10-2005, 03:15 PM
oh yeah, I forgot about that :? Maybe opti wont agree, but I'm pretty sure delteq would 8) http://www.delteq.com/products_opti.htm

Pampered-Z
09-12-2005, 12:41 PM
I really don't like power washng or steam cleaning with all the electronics under the hood. I normally just used Simple green and small brushes to clean, and minial water from a hose. I've covered the opti with plastic ( engine cold! ) and stuffed rags around it and kept the water away from the front of the motor and I was fine. but don't spray near the opti at all.

I also went and painted the inner fenders and firewall to match the car because the dull finish just didn't look right.

If you want allot of detail why not pull the intake and get it powder coated or ceramic coated? I polished my intake manifold. For the blower tubes I had a set powder coated black, and another set Jethot coated with the shinney finished. Just can't decide which I like better? Currently the black tubes are on the car.

ar0ck
09-12-2005, 12:46 PM
Ah, I never thought about Simple Green. I use that at work. Before I used some Greased Lightning, and I was warned it dulls the paint inside the engine bay. I think Im going to have to try some other methods.

Pampered-Z
09-13-2005, 08:51 AM
Ah, I never thought about Simple Green. Â*I use that at work. Â*Before I used some Greased Lightning, and I was warned it dulls the paint inside the engine bay. Â*I think Im going to have to try some other methods.

Sorry, I use the simple green in the engine itself, intake, alt. ect. not on painted parts. I've heard the fenders and such as painted the same as the body, but it's just the base coat and that if you prep and clear them they will match the body. I actually did the complete paint and clear coat.

Scorched SS
09-13-2005, 09:25 AM
DONT USE SIMPLE GREEN! I've heard that its really bad if it sits on aluminum (i think it may say something about it on the bottle.

Ive always used CD2 engine cleaner detailer - Its a two bottle package and make the motor look brand new! first step is the cleaner which works great, then the detailer actually shines ALL of the black components up nice... run the motor for a couple minutes and the warmth bakes the detailer on... my motor looked brand new after using it.