PDA

View Full Version : Road Racing Suspension

ar0ck
09-08-2005, 08:46 PM
I dont know much about Road Racing, but that a stiffer suspension is what you want.

Right now my car should be suffecient for a beginer, maybe even more then I need. Â*But I REALLY want to get into road racing, starting with the amateur stuff like slolums w/ cones, and eventually take my car to an actual road coarse (like Lime Rock etc...) Â*Also I talked to my dad alittle and Im really interested in taking some sort or driving school.

But so far my suspension mods for my 1995 Z28 M6 consit of this:
- Spohn Tubular Sub-Frames
- RK Sport 2-Point Strut-Tower Bar
- BMR Tubular Non Adjustable Pan-Hard Bar w/ Poly Bushings
- 1LE Sway Bars w/ Poly Bushings
- Eibach Pro-Kit
- Bilstein Shocks
- Spohn Non Adjustable Tubular LCA's
- Hawks Performance Break Pads
- Powerslot Rotors
- 17x9 (275/40/17) 17x11 (315/35/17) ZR-1 Wheels

- The motor is a basic Intake/Exhaust

That should be pretty suffiecient just to start right? :lol:

Ian
09-08-2005, 08:57 PM
There is a limit as to how stiff you want the car to be. If it's too stiff, you wont be able to control it too well. When the car is really rigid, its harder to feel the "breaking point". you'll be turning and all of the sudden your ass end will pass you. then again, if its too loose, you wont be able to turn effectively because the weight of the car will try to keep going straight. (object in motion stays in motion unless acted upon by another, opposing force) what you have so far is pretty good for a beginner and you really shouldnt need much more considering you drive it everyday. If it were a serious track car, you'd gut it and cage it much like a drag car. Then you'd probably step up to a mustang II front suspension (short upper control arm and long lower control arm with a coil over instead of a strut) If you really want, I could maybe copy a few pages out of my notes from wyotech from when we were going over suspension setup.

NJSPEEDER
09-08-2005, 09:49 PM
the only thing i would change is to at some point get adjustable LCA's and panhard. one of the key's to making a car turn in properly in both directions is have the rear centered both side to side and front to rear. stock or lowered you need to get adjustable bars back there and spend some time with your friend the tape measure to get it right.
the rest of your suspension set up sounds very solid for a street/track handling car.
add some LCA Relo's to your planning list as well.

later
tim