PDA

View Full Version : Rear suspension travel

GP99GT
09-15-2005, 05:02 PM
what would be a cheap way to limit my rear suspension travel when im at the track (to maximize traction on launch)? I want to be able to cut under a 2.2 on street tires. Plus, im cheap so i want to ghetto rig something i can use while im at the track, then take out for the ride home. any ideas? any ghettoness is welcome as long as its cheap

NJSPEEDER
09-15-2005, 05:14 PM
go to your local parts store and look at the suspension help parts. they will have coil sping helpers, or they will be called somethign similar. they usually come in hard rubber or metal.
they will raise the effective spring rate when you jam them in the rear coils. that will help to prevent a lot of the weight transfer.

later
tim

GP99GT
09-15-2005, 06:52 PM
well...i work at an auto parts store, so ill go check out the rack tomorrow. basically anything i can jam between the coils in the rear springs will work right?

Tru2Chevy
09-15-2005, 06:54 PM
well...i work at an auto parts store, so ill go check out the rack tomorrow. basically anything i can jam between the coils in the rear springs will work right?

Yup, as long as they won't pop out...

I need to get a pair of leaf helpers for the Lumina....much cheaper than a new monoleaf :)

- Justin

coldkilla
09-19-2005, 10:36 PM
i posted on your other post before i read this so i didnt know you were using the spacers for just the track. they are cool for that but definitely dont keep them in on the street.

camaroracer1992
10-07-2005, 03:21 PM
hmmm works in an auto store and didnt even know to get that.... yeah id buy stuff there NOT!!! haha just busting your balls