PDA

View Full Version : Starting Problem!!!

camaro2you
09-17-2005, 08:21 AM
Hey guys, when i go to turn my key my radio ligt goes on and off and the temp gauge goes all the way up and i dont even get a clicking noise out of the starter? Â*My guess is that something is wired wrong or something as you guys know i just did the motor swap. Â*I have a msd coil in it with a msd cap and rotor. Â*The distributor is stock rebuild with the stock ignition piece in it. Â*I also do not have the alternator hooked up buy i dont think that has anything to do with it. Â*Im guess its something with the ignition but i dont know im stumped. Â*Any help would be great. thanks in advance for the help.

Tru2Chevy
09-17-2005, 09:43 AM
Hook up the alternator and make sure the battery is good. Sounds like it could be a voltage issue....

- Justin

camaro2you
09-17-2005, 11:48 AM
nope did all of that and i switched a couple grounds and now it does the same thing but when you turn the key you get a little buzzing sounds :roll:

Tru2Chevy
09-17-2005, 11:50 AM
Time to break out the volt meter.....

- Justin

89 Trans Am WS6
09-18-2005, 07:52 AM
definitly hook up the alt..that could keep the car from starting..

I know this because when i did a motor swap on a k5 blazer i wanted to hit the key before i put the accesories on and it was dead until two of the alt wires were connected.then it cranked over

joe

camaro2you
09-18-2005, 08:19 AM
Yup i did all of that and still no luck but i didnt wire my mega shifter yet and i decided to connect the connector to the old shifter and still no luck but then i was ****en around with the old shifter and put it in neutrul and sabam it would then crank so i let off the key then i saw smoke so i ran over and disc. the battery and then reconnected and now it seems fine but my delco battery isnt holding up cause i ran it down one to many times with the radio so im gonna take it back today cause it still has one year on the free replacement warrent and it still has five years after that so its off to pepboys to get a new one, hopefully they'll have on instock.
I will keep you updated. Hopefully within a week or so you guys will be seeing a post saying It's Alive!!!. lata

ar0ck
09-18-2005, 10:50 AM
Yup i did all of that and still no luck but i didnt wire my mega shifter yet and i decided to connect the connector to the old shifter and still no luck but then i was ****en around with the old shifter and put it in neutrul and sabam it would then crank so i let off the key then i saw smoke so i ran over and disc. the battery and then reconnected and now it seems fine Â*but my delco battery isnt holding up cause i ran it down one to many times with the radio so im gonna take it back today cause it still has one year on the free replacement warrent and it still has five years after that so its off to pepboys to get a new one, hopefully they'll have on instock.
I will keep you updated. Â*Hopefully within a week or so you guys will be seeing a post saying It's Alive!!!. lata

Defenitly wire in the shifter. When I installed my B&M MegaShifter in my old T/A I had to re-wire the neutral saftey switch or something like that. It was a wire that when the original 700r4 shifter was in Drive I think, you couldnt turn on the car or something along that line (maybe someone can clarify). All I had to do was loop the circuit and it was good.

When I pulled that specific loop out the car would not start. Makes for a great kill switch location.

JerzLT1
09-18-2005, 07:22 PM
yup Alex is right cause i havent gotten a chance to wire mine up yet and it wont turn over without the stock switch plugged in.... not that itll stay running with no O2 sensor anyway :roll:

Tru2Chevy
09-19-2005, 09:07 AM
Agreed - check the park/neutral safety switch. I can check to see which two wires in the connector when I get home if you want.

- Justin

Savage_Messiah
09-19-2005, 10:53 AM
Yup i did all of that and still no luck but i didnt wire my mega shifter yet and i decided to connect the connector to the old shifter and still no luck but then i was ****en around with the old shifter and put it in neutrul and sabam it would then crank so i let off the key then i saw smoke so i ran over and disc. the battery and then reconnected and now it seems fine Â*but my delco battery isnt holding up cause i ran it down one to many times with the radio so im gonna take it back today cause it still has one year on the free replacement warrent and it still has five years after that so its off to pepboys to get a new one, hopefully they'll have on instock.
I will keep you updated. Â*Hopefully within a week or so you guys will be seeing a post saying It's Alive!!!. lata

PUNC-TU-A-TION

camaro2you
09-19-2005, 07:31 PM

PUNC-TU-A-TION

ha didnt even relize that, usualy i do i probably wrote that in the middle of a break lol.