PDA

View Full Version : Wildwood on Saturday

camaro2you
09-20-2005, 08:34 PM
Anyone planning on going down on saturday, im planning on leaving early and heading on down there. Â*If anyone else wants to meet me or anything let me know will make a caravan goin down there.

GrandmasterCow
09-20-2005, 08:38 PM
im headin down fri, if anyone else is lemem know also, ill meet up wit ya down there.

j0n
09-21-2005, 01:56 AM
ill be at le voyageour motel's mini-house from friday-sunday

Slow Z
09-21-2005, 12:55 PM
Not worth the gas...

j0n
09-21-2005, 01:10 PM
Not worth the gas...

maybe you should get a tbi :lol:

nothingfancy
09-24-2005, 10:05 PM
wildwood sucked tonite *Saterday* cops everywere. not alot of people driving around i guess cause of gas prices, o well i hope next year is better

camaro2you
09-24-2005, 10:39 PM
of course its gonna be better next year ill have my 86 up there :twisted:

j0n
09-25-2005, 03:49 PM
if you go to the car show do not get drunk and have some random chick write "Light em up" on your chest and take your shirt off and yell at every car that goes by to light em up...you will get in trouble with the police :lol:

camaro2you
09-25-2005, 03:55 PM
if you go to the car show do not get drunk and have some random chick write "Light em up" on your chest and take your shirt off and yell at every car that goes by to light em up...you will get in trouble with the police :lol:

haha i just finished laughing my ass off from that, (i just got off the phone from talking with JW) lata

j0n
09-25-2005, 03:57 PM

haha i just finished laughing my ass off from that, (i just got off the phone from talking with JW) lata

ah crap so yo ugot the whole story...lololololololol

PA_GregSS
09-25-2005, 04:49 PM
Definitely was disappointing. Cops were definitely being Nazi like. I saw a guy pull out of his hotel do a 5 second burnout and then zip around the corner. A marked cruiser came whipping around the block almost sideways chasing him down. You'd think that the guy just robbed a bank or something. It really didn't make sense to me after I went up and checked out the Irish festival and witnessed the cops turning a blind eye to rampant underage drinking. So, I guess in Wildwood:

burnouts = police action with an iron fist
underage drinking = revenue

I get it now.

Sadly, this seems to be the trend. I witnessed the same police attitude in Ocean City for the spring cruise. Looks like the police are going to kill all of the fun cruises. It's a damn shame.

Anyway, I didn't get to meet up with anyone because I've only met a couple of folks. I was cruising around in the navy blue LS1 SS. I didn't see any other NBM SSs around, so I guess I was the only one.

ar0ck
09-25-2005, 05:23 PM
Sadly, this seems to be the trend. Â*I witnessed the same police attitude in Ocean City for the spring cruise. Â*Looks like the police are going to kill all of the fun cruises. Â* It's a damn shame. Â*

The OC cruise in May wasnt that bad? I kinda understand the whole burn-out thing and cutting down on it, but they werent that Nazi about it. Their werent any drunks that I could see anyway in OC

PA_GregSS
09-25-2005, 05:32 PM
No, I wasn't referring to drunks in OC. Â*My point was that I didn't understand why they were so anal about doing a damn burnout but could turn a blind eye to such obvious underage drinking. If you don't think it was bad, you should have gone a few years ago. Â*There were burnouts going on at every corner. Â*One of the guys from our club got a reckless driving ticket for fishtailing while doing a u-turn in the 3 inches of rain that we saw in OC in the spring. Â*$575 fine! Â*The cops were just being dicks.

qwikz28
09-25-2005, 06:55 PM
if you go to the car show do not get drunk and have some random chick write "Light em up" on your chest and take your shirt off and yell at every car that goes by to light em up...you will get in trouble with the police :lol:especially when your so drunk that you start drunk-dialing guys and telling them about how much you drank and start talking in a language unknown to mankind. trying to tell me you got a ticket for being a disorderly person.

Hi, my name is j0n and i'm a alcoholic.

JW
09-25-2005, 07:48 PM
Hi, my name is j0n and i'm a alcoholic.

I was there to witness this i can attest to everything! Â*:lol:

JW Â*:D

dz
09-26-2005, 07:01 PM
I was in Wildwood with my fiance for the irish festival. I saw this thread 2 days too late :(

Slow Z
09-26-2005, 11:42 PM
...this is the reason I no longer go to the Wildwood car shows. Too many ball busting cops and too many morons.

Tru2Chevy
09-27-2005, 12:21 PM

That was one of the funniest phone calls I've had the pleasure of hearing in a very long time. Jon speaks in jibberish when he's drunk Â*:)

Jon - I hope you didn't end up lowering your standards too much that night... :wink:

- Justin

JW
10-10-2005, 09:24 PM
Well here is some horrible news from down south about the future of Wildwood shows. http://www.pressofac.com/news/local/capemay/story/5607599p-5589379c.html It has not yet gone to vote and in my own opinion i dont think its going to fly but you never know. I will keep everyone informed.

JW :D

camaro2you
10-11-2005, 04:51 AM
Well here is some horrible news from down south about the future of Wildwood shows. http://www.pressofac.com/news/local/capemay/story/5607599p-5589379c.html It has not yet gone to vote and in my own opinion i dont think its going to fly but you never know. I will keep everyone informed.

JW Â*:D

Hopefuly it doesnt go through, but what do they think the Irish festivel brings :?

Brando56894
10-29-2005, 01:09 AM
where do you guy meet up at in wildwood? idk if ill ever be down there when you guys are cuz i usually come down once or twice in a month.....