PDA

View Full Version : NFB: DSM Parts *UPDATED 10/12

NJSPEEDER
10-09-2005, 02:06 PM
hey gang,
been taking apart my brothers old Talon TSI and i have a few things here if you guys have or know anyone who has a turbo car

Suspension:
Extreme Motorsports front and rear strut tower braces. Nices pieces, dramatically decreased cowl shake and improved turn in. Polished aluminum with red mounting brackets. Could use a good polishing to look perfect. Cost around $250 new, Asking $100

Ground Control Caster/Camber plates and coil over conversion. Never installed. These plates and coils used together will dramatically decrease understeer in an AWD car. These parts are for use with KYB struts(I suggest the KYB AGX's for best results). All together cost close to $700 new, asking $350

Other Stuff:
Kosei K1 wheels(Silver) w/ BFG G-Force Autocross tire(245/45-16). Never Used!!!!! This set up was bought from Tirerack long ago and the tires were even heat cycled. The sticker are even still on the tires. Cost over $800 new, Asking $400

Hatch Wiper Motor. Worked Great When removed. Asking $15

Mitsubishi 5spd trans for AWD car. Tranny was replaced about 20k miles before the engine blew and has been sitting 2.5 years since. Worked great. Will include solid shifter bushings, ACT2600 clutch(dunno how good it is after sitting so long), and flywheel. Cost $2200 new, Asking $1000

Body Panels: I have everything here. Hood has minor dings that are easily repaired, front bumper cover was trimmed to fit a front mount at one time, and all panels are factory teal paint. Let me know what you need and I will pull it for cheap.

4-Bolt rear. this is stronger than the earleir rears from the 90 and 91 cars. worked perfectly when parked for blown motor. $100

Upper boost pipe. smooth chrome tubing. looks pimp and smooths air flow into the TB. $50

Send me a PM if interested in any parts or have any questions. Please let your friends know about the parts too. I am gonna let members here have first crack at them, next weekend they will start going up on Ebay.

later
tim

Tru2Chevy
10-10-2005, 05:00 PM
You should either post these up, or at least post a link over on CI. There are several DSM guys there that could prolly use some parts...

- Justin

NJSPEEDER
10-10-2005, 07:26 PM
i ain't a member there. if you wouldn't mind copying and pasting teh add over there i woudl appreciate it. jsut leave them my email address to contact me.

thanks
tim

LT!freak94
10-11-2005, 09:51 PM
what year is your bros tsi

NJSPEEDER
10-12-2005, 03:22 PM
what year is your bros tsi

1992. the whole car is here still. so let me know if there is anything else you are looking for. basically, the motor bombed bad(timing system failure), the rest of teh car is good for parts

some other things that i will be adding to the liost soon are a complete set of poly motor mounts, solid shifter bushings(big improvement from stock rubber bushings), and the rear(which is supposed to be the strongest one they put in 1st gens)

later
tim

GP99GT
10-12-2005, 03:42 PM
My friend may be interested in the exhaust - manifold back. I also told him about the wheels and tires, his are beat up a bit...its the stock swirly ones, right?

edit: just talked to him, he said he will take all of that, as long as the wheels are in good condition. im gonna send you a message on AIM

Squirrel
10-12-2005, 04:33 PM
these are k1's...i was gonna buy 17s for the jetta, but that got short lived :D
http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/kosei/swap/kos_k1_race_sil_ci3_l.jpg

NJSPEEDER
10-12-2005, 05:40 PM
yup, those are the ones. silver painted finish. nice wheels, very light. never been out of the garage.

later
tim

LT!freak94
10-12-2005, 07:00 PM
how much for the poly motor mounts and the solid shifter bushings and the exaust manifold

NJSPEEDER
10-12-2005, 07:09 PM
how much for the poly motor mounts and the solid shifter bushings and the exaust manifold

you have a PM

later
tim

NJSPEEDER
10-15-2005, 05:22 PM
i cleaned up the list a bit. i will be adding more items by mid week and som epics of things

later
tim

Tru2Chevy
10-20-2005, 05:46 PM
From CI:

if you can send me pics of the wheels and tires to merlinsrealm01@comcast.net

thanks

Eric

FYI Timmy.....

- Justin