PDA

View Full Version : Real Estate Question For You South Jersey People

HardcoreZ28
11-07-2005, 07:51 PM
I'm hopefully going to start looking for a house in the early spring to live in and work out of. I was originally going to head out west to PA but due to some other factors I may look in the South Jersey area. Do you guys know of any areas down there where I may be able to get 3-5 acres with a decent house for around $300k? Let me know towns or counties I can check out or just let me know if that's unreasonable for down there.

Thanks

coldkilla
11-07-2005, 10:00 PM
check out voorhees, moorestown, evesham, medford, cherry hill. those are mostly camden county, thats all i know since thats where i live. i dont know how far south your willing to go. the further south you go the more land is available, its pretty built up around here so the places i listed are pretty much the only ones in camden county where you can get some acres for 300g's

NJSPEEDER
11-07-2005, 10:04 PM
there has been land for sale near this town i visit from time to time down there. it is the town of atco, maybe you have heard of it :D

later
tim

Ian
11-07-2005, 10:44 PM
atco would be one sweet spot to set up shop! 8)

camaro2you
11-07-2005, 11:48 PM
and its close to me so you can hire me since i need some kind of a job ill sweep up and take out the trash :lol:

HardcoreZ28
11-08-2005, 07:36 AM
Hahah Prevo suggested Atco last night too. That would be convenient.

coldkilla
11-08-2005, 08:42 AM
well you have to look at the big picture, atco would be cool cuz you would be by the track but...and theres always a but. atco is mostly ghetto and trash people, i wouldnt live there. sorry if anyone lives in atco but its true.

HardcoreZ28
11-08-2005, 09:28 AM
Ha not the type of area that I want then. Something a little more open would be preferrable. I really have no idea what the various counties are like down there. Any suggestions on those would be a good start so I can do a search online.

bad64chevelle
11-08-2005, 10:03 AM
NJ is expensive man, I am not sure where you will be able to find yourself a lot like that but I wish you luck!

Jon

NJSPEEDER
11-08-2005, 03:54 PM
Hahah Prevo suggested Atco last night too. Â*That would be convenient.

i can hear teh phone call to teh customer now. "sorry sir, i know i said it would be done today but we got a little behind and i haven't had a chance to take it for a proper 'test drive' yet"
this excuse would be used every tuesday, thursday, and friday during the season and most sundays during the off season. :D
with the image that atco has as a place for racing and car shows it would actually be a good area to market you business from.

later
tim

Oddball
11-08-2005, 05:28 PM
Are you looking for a rural setup or something where are people?

HardcoreZ28
11-08-2005, 06:04 PM
Either one really....but personally I need atleast 3 acres I think to be able to work out of my home and not disturb the neighbors

91camaroracer
11-08-2005, 10:30 PM
Well, my father is a real estate agent. If u find the need to go through an agent that will find you and show you properties, let me know, he is very good, and will do the best he can for you. By the way, im new to the site.lol

Ian
11-08-2005, 11:32 PM
welcome! :)

HardcoreZ28
11-09-2005, 07:31 AM
Ha welcome and thanks for the offer....I may take you up on it in the spring.

backdraft1320
11-11-2005, 02:25 PM
check out Salem county you should be able to find something in that range no prob. close to 295 Del.Mem.Bridge, Comm.Barry, Atco aint to far. Pretty rural and the closest speed shop is in Vineland so not much competition. Taxes are real cheap in Lower Alloways Creek because of PSE&G.

nothingfancy
11-12-2005, 08:26 PM
downhere in vineland its booming big, lots of ryan homes are beeing built and sold for in the 200's

matt98ls1
11-21-2005, 02:17 AM
check out voorhees, moorestown, evesham, medford, cherry hill. those are mostly camden county, thats all i know since thats where i live. the further south you go the more land is available, its pretty built up around here so the places i listed are pretty much the only ones in camden county where you can get some acres for 300g's

Are you kidding me?

There is nowhere in any of those towns where you can get 3-5 acres for only 300k... If you want that kind of space, you're looking at atleast 500k. Try further south like Vineland, Millville area.

coldkilla
11-22-2005, 09:38 AM
yes you can, your looking at the ones with nice huge houses on them, look at the ones with normal size houses, or older houses. not the ones in the well traversed areas with recently built mansions. just have to look.

Tsar
11-22-2005, 11:39 AM
check with "spread eagle" realty company. i heard their advertisement on the radio and i just couldnt forget the name :lol:

BroadbandGraphics
11-24-2005, 11:05 AM
yes you can, your looking at the ones with nice huge houses on them, look at the ones with normal size houses, or older houses. not the ones in the well traversed areas with recently built mansions. just have to look.

3 acres in voorhees or moorestown (if there are any for sale I haven`t seen any in about 2 years come to market) will run 500K+ easy! In fact if I found 1.5-2 acres in voorhees or moorestown for 300K i would jump on it so fast throw up a couple houses and make a quick buck. Builders and people in the game (like myself) snatch up 95% of all land before it even gets on the market. If there is land on the market for sale there is usually an issue with it.

jims69camaro
12-02-2005, 06:39 AM
lower gloucester county
salem county
upper cumberland county
western atlantic county
eastern burlington county
western ocean county
eastern mercer county
eastern hunterdon county
northern sussex county

in all of these areas there are pockets of land that is undeveloped. you will have to figure out how far in the sticks you want to be and then work your way towards civilization. there are major thoroughfares through all of these areas, but they look to either be all farm land or abandoned. obviously, the closer you get to the chunks of the state that are more heavily populated, the more you are going to pay for under- or undeveloped land.

your business, to be honest, should be in between two heavily populated areas, on a major highway that people use to commute to one of the cities (philly or new york). you will seed the minds of those with enough cash to complete a project this way, and you might even get future business out of it (like way down the road, 5-10 years). you also have to consider zoning laws. you are not going to be able to just plunk down in farm country and have them accept the fact that you will have caustic chemicals in association with your business. you could run into potential problems with the locals like this. route 206 comes to mind when i think of an area that is heavily used for commuting, as does route 70 (from toms river to marlton).

good luck.

crazyl
12-24-2005, 11:25 AM
Dont come anywhere close to washington township. The pirces of houses and land is amazingly high. 300k gets you a box. I hate to say it but stay away from here. You dont want to say your from twp

camaro2you
12-24-2005, 04:58 PM
Dont come anywhere close to washington township. The pirces of houses and land is amazingly high. 300k gets you a box. I hate to say it but stay away from here. You dont want to say your from twp

where are you at in twp? im in turnersville.

Frosty
12-24-2005, 09:29 PM
well you have to look at the big picture, atco would be cool cuz you would be by the track but...and theres always a but. atco is mostly ghetto and trash people, i wouldnt live there. sorry if anyone lives in atco but its true.

What part of Atco have you been through? There are a TON of nice houses and people in Atco. Are there a few townhome communities that are trashy? Sure are but go through some of the side streets near the track and you'd be VERY surprised.

Besides Lindenwold isn't exactly full of well-to-do people either ;)

bitchincamaro
12-24-2005, 11:54 PM
there are some crazy houses in atco. everytown has a ****** part. sucks some towns get a bad rep from it. hell, i love camden.

casketcrewchick
12-29-2005, 08:57 AM
There are some nice places going up near me... Mullica Hill, Deptford. I am actually looking at Deptford. A lot of houses being built are like 3 ft away from each other so good luck with the land part. LOL

GrandmasterCow
12-29-2005, 01:10 PM
hey casket, where you been lately?

V
12-31-2005, 04:42 PM
dahm for the prices you guys are mentioning, im getting eager to move to south Jersey, within 2 years I wanna get a house but up here, you can't find anything good for under 400, even older houses with no property. The average cost of a house here is 500k-600k and thats with maybe 2/3 acre. Most houses being built in my town now are going for 900k-2M. I'll be looking to spend 250-300k so im outta northern NJ i guess. When i start shopping around I'm gonna start checking out Orange co NY, then maybe south jersey.