PDA

View Full Version : Invocation????

NJSPEEDER
11-28-2005, 07:22 PM
hey gang,
i had 2 people ask if there would be a formal invocation before the start of teh days racing action.
does anyone mind if there is a short prayer before we start racing?
i know that i like to hear teh national anthem at the track, but i never really thought about an invocation until it was mentioned to me.

enRo
11-28-2005, 07:25 PM
Yes, may you blesseth the voice of TI rappin about 24's :-D

Nah, on a serious note, I wouldnt mind hearing Stars Spangled Banner before raceday :-D

Squirrel
11-28-2005, 11:55 PM
i dont think anyone would be offended if it was something mentioning everyone being safe blah blah blah type stuff

Savage_Messiah
11-29-2005, 12:50 AM
wouldn't care either way, star spangled banner would be cool tho

Pampered-Z
11-29-2005, 07:39 AM
I don't mind. At NHRA events they have a place and time designated for those that worship and also say a short general blessing over the PA of thanks and saftey to the drivers and spectators.

Tru2Chevy
11-29-2005, 11:52 AM
Short invocation would be nice to have.

Wonder if we could talk Nick into taking a Sunday off?

- Justin

Pampered-Z
11-29-2005, 01:16 PM
Short invocation would be nice to have.

Wonder if we could talk Nick into taking a Sunday off?

- Justin

I don't think I know Nick, but I'm sure Dan ( AKA DAN30thZ28 ) would be willing.

AND AREN'T YOU SUPPOSE TO BE WORKING?????

NJSPEEDER
11-29-2005, 03:13 PM
I don't think I know Nick, but I'm sure Dan ( AKA DAN30thZ28 ) would be willing.

AND AREN'T YOU SUPPOSE TO BE WORKING?????

1. dan is a pastor?

2. look who's talking :p

Pampered-Z
11-29-2005, 03:29 PM
1. dan is a pastor?

2. look who's talking :p

1) nah, but he's good with the God's word.

2) I am working. I'm on surf patrol. I look at what everyone is doing and where the most hits are coming from. Then I trace them. It's always the same. From Justin's PC to here! :twak:

Tru2Chevy
11-29-2005, 06:01 PM
Bah...damn surf patrol. :p

Nick = the associate pastor of our church, real chill guy.

- Justin

camaroracer1992
11-29-2005, 10:08 PM
i say lets do it, if people get offended cause we're not bowing to alah then f- em!!! hehe

NJSPEEDER
11-29-2005, 10:26 PM
god = allah = yahweh dumb ass. lol
they are all monotheistic systems, and having agreed that there is only one god everyone just has to work out what he is supposed to be called and stop killing each other over it. lol

Savage_Messiah
11-29-2005, 11:39 PM
god = allah = yahweh dumb ass. lol
they are all monotheistic systems, and having agreed that there is only one god everyone just has to work out what he is supposed to be called and stop killing each other over it. lol

:stupid:

SteveR
12-01-2005, 10:46 AM
Maybe we can get a flyover

Tru2Chevy
12-01-2005, 01:16 PM
Maybe we can get a flyover

That would be badass....what does it take?

- Justin

ar0ck
12-04-2005, 06:34 PM
I would be offended by an Invocation.

Only because I do not know what the hell it is :lol:

NJSPEEDER
12-04-2005, 06:49 PM
it is a short "prayer" before the begining of competition. they are usually not denomination specific and most times i hear them at major events they are ended with the closings that the 3 major faiths use.

Ian
12-04-2005, 09:46 PM
I dont really give a good god damn what you say. I'm VERY hard to offend :D

SteveR
12-08-2005, 02:46 PM
That would be badass....what does it take?

- Justin

A military one might be hard to get, but I'll get you the contact info. It doesn't hurt to try. Other than that, I can look up some civilain aerobatic performers and give you their info. Give me a couple days.

Ian
12-11-2005, 02:59 AM
I saw a military fly over at a Virgina Tech homecoming game once. VERY badass!

BigAls87Z28
12-12-2005, 12:32 PM
Being Muslim, I would be offended by any major Chirstian prayer deal going on, no matter how short. Save it for your churchs and stop pushing your religion onto other people.

Ian
12-12-2005, 05:50 PM
Being Muslim, I would be offended by any major Chirstian prayer deal going on, no matter how short. Save it for your churchs and stop pushing your religion onto other people.

F Yourself!!! :lol:

BigAls87Z28
12-13-2005, 01:26 AM
Excuse me?

NJSPEEDER
12-13-2005, 05:12 PM
get back to the topic please.

Ian
12-13-2005, 10:33 PM
Excuse me?

twas a joke

get back to the topic please.

Tim, I really dont think anyone would mind having a small prayer before the event.

slasherbarb
12-14-2005, 08:48 PM
if you want anyone for the anthem, let me know...i know a few people with really great voices..

Ian
12-14-2005, 09:52 PM
if you want anyone for the anthem, let me know...i know a few people with really great voices..

Good call. I know a few people as well.

qwikz28
12-14-2005, 10:53 PM
i think an invocation is a great idea, and for those unwilling or wishing to do otherwise to do their own thing. i dont think its fair for the ideological differences of one to stop others from practicing what they believe in.

BigAls87Z28
12-15-2005, 08:20 AM
Well I guess you guys have fun with your Jesus party.

qwikz28
12-15-2005, 10:42 AM
Well I guess you guys have fun with your Jesus party.
you dont see any of us making fun of other people's religions. thats just uncalled for.

SteveR
12-15-2005, 11:16 AM
Negrodamus predicts this to get ugly real quick.

kazman
12-15-2005, 01:53 PM
Negrodamus predicts this to get ugly real quick.

It may be snowing out but it's time to put the helmet on and firejacket.
IMO just keep to the National Anthem. Maybe a moment of slient medation. Religion is too topical no matter what you do you will end up stepping on someone's toes. IMO racers who want to pray before a run do it anyway. Its their right.

Jbd77
06-21-2006, 09:18 PM
Why is it when Catholics or Christians want to invoke a short prayer, they are "pushing their religion on everyone else" but when Muslims or other groups insist on being able to pray whenever they want, wherever they want, we are supposed to be tolerant and accepting? How does that work?

To hell with political correctness: if you want to pray, pray: if it offends you, don't listen.

This is America; land of the FREE, remember?

When tolorance becomes selective, it is nothing more than prejudice.

camaro2you
06-21-2006, 11:39 PM
i think it would be a great idea.

BonzoHansen
06-22-2006, 08:38 AM
Instead of an invocation (you can't win when it comes to religon-even though they all pray to the same god-it's the #2 guy where they disagree), how about "a moment of silent reflection and personal prayer" for our troops, firefighters & police officers?

The BIG Show
06-22-2006, 11:11 AM
:stfu: :loser:

qwikz28
06-23-2006, 12:29 AM
Why is it when Catholics or Christians want to invoke a short prayer, they are "pushing their religion on everyone else" but when Muslims or other groups insist on being able to pray whenever they want, wherever they want, we are supposed to be tolerant and accepting? How does that work?

To hell with political correctness: if you want to pray, pray: if it offends you, don't listen.

this country was founded on Christianity. its not our national religion or anything and we, as a Christian community, are not trying to knock others down. you wanna see prejudice go to another country, you'll wish you didnt complain about the way it is now. and we aren't pushing our religion upon others, we are simply the majority and we are assuming the few "others" won't mind. but of course they do complain, just for the hell of complaining and also because they will get their way with that politcal correctness crap.

project89
06-23-2006, 12:59 AM
i say go for it.if somone dosent like it they dont have to be right were it is taking place.nuff said

Untamed
06-23-2006, 03:18 PM
I say stick with the National Anthem. If anyone wants a prayer, they can do so on their own without stopping everyone in their tracks all across Island.

NJSPEEDER
06-23-2006, 03:27 PM
i think this is getting overblown a bit.
all we are trying to put on is a car show and some racing. we are not trying to make any great political or religious statement here.

BonzoHansen
06-23-2006, 08:07 PM
+ 1

BigAls87Z28
06-24-2006, 02:43 AM

No one is pushing the muslim religion on anyone. In the religion, they must pray at certain times of the day. The catholic religion does not require the same prayer. Im tollerant and accepting of any religion, but you dont have to blast it over loud speakers and make people listen to it. Pray on your own terms, in your own way and to your own soundtrack.

qwikz28
06-24-2006, 10:20 AM
No one is pushing the muslim religion on anyone. In the religion, they must pray at certain times of the day. The catholic religion does not require the same prayer. Im tollerant and accepting of any religion, but you dont have to blast it over loud speakers and make people listen to it. Pray on your own terms, in your own way and to your own soundtrack.
lol they do that in muslim countries. at the certain times of day the muslims need to pray they actually do blast the prayers on loudspeakers and you can hear it from any inhabited part of the country. in egypt, the muslims actually got permission from the gov. to mount them by churches. all but 1 church/monastary in egypt has one by it.

imagine waking up at 5am to some dood screaming allah is the greatest at the top of his lungs. i slept through it but my friend couldn't take it anymore and started screaming out of our hotel balcony some pretty unfriendly words :lol:

NJSPEEDER
06-24-2006, 01:19 PM
how about everyone jsut talks about the event. this isn't a political forum, nor a political event.
the topic was only brought up because someone mentioned it, that is why i asked if anyone cared.
i don't care who believes what or how they do/don't like to pray.

[/thread]