PDA

View Full Version : Steel brake line work

Oddball
12-23-2005, 06:50 PM
So the car is definitly pulling to one side when braking and I'm going to replace the brake hoses with steel line this Spring (I don't drive the IROC much in the winter). Other than bleeding the brakes, is there anything else I must do assuming the pads and rotors are in ok shape? Is there anything else I should do or try to upgrade while I have the wheels off and are playing with the brakes?

9secfirebird
12-23-2005, 07:27 PM
id replace the soft lines if your absolutly positive that the calipers and sliders arent seized. i doubt the hard line will need it, if ya do the soft lines and you know the calipers and pads are moving freely, then do the steel lines if ya can unclog them.

Oddball
12-23-2005, 08:52 PM
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I wasn't planning on touching the "hard" lines, just the "soft" rubber lines which I read can clog and rot over time.

I had the car checked out 9 months ago when I knew I had some brake problems (car sat for a while before I bought it). The replaced one caliper in the rear and pads all around. I'm assuming the calipers are still ok.

9secfirebird
12-23-2005, 09:36 PM
check the calipers and sliders again, and if they are ok, go for the soft lines, i have done abunch of them

BigAls87Z28
12-24-2005, 07:37 AM
What Tobey said, check the calipers and make sure they arent sticking. Its always a good idea to upgrade the lines either way, and a sticking caliper always gives you a reason to go with a Baer 13 inch 4 pistion brake kit, or a C5 brake conversion.....:)