PDA

View Full Version : Some flaws I've noticed

enRo
01-07-2006, 10:55 PM
Well, I've been driving the Camaro for the past couple days and noticed some kinks. When I turn the steering wheel i.e. backing into a parking spot, there is a faint squeeking that gets louder as the day progresses. Next, there is a clunking in the rear driver axle area, every small bump that I hit, it happens.

Last, this might not be the proper place to put it, but along with the clunking noise, every bump I hit, my rear hatch jumps up about a quarter inch and falls back down. I dunno how to do an adjustment on a 4th gen, so is it basically the same as a 3rd gen? Thanks in advance

NJSPEEDER
01-07-2006, 11:15 PM
the hatch latch adjusts the same as a thirdgen.
the clunking from teh rear driver axle i would say look at the control arm and panhard bar. check to make sure bolts are tight and bushings are intact.

does the steering squeek happen with all turns or just when you cut the wheel all the way or only turning in one direction?

enRo
01-08-2006, 10:02 AM
does the steering squeek happen with all turns or just when you cut the wheel all the way or only turning in one direction?

All turns. Even if I am parked and i wiggle the steering wheel left and right quickly, it gets quite irritating.

NJSPEEDER
01-08-2006, 11:48 AM
power steering fluid is full?
only thing i can think of is the bearing in the pump may slowly be startting to show signs of dying.

enRo
01-08-2006, 03:31 PM
The thing is, I dont hear it from the front of the car... its almost like its coming from the steering wheel itself.

198esp1
01-08-2006, 08:35 PM
Check to see if there is a rubber gromet that goes around the steering shaft were it passes thru the fire wall. Try some silicone spray on it.