PDA

View Full Version : Power outlets...

slayerxxx213
01-27-2006, 02:09 PM
Hey, I was just wondering if the cigarette lighters in my car have their own fuse or something...Neither work, (I think they got shorted by a bad air compressor). Also, do they just pop out, or do you have to take the center console out?

V
01-27-2006, 02:30 PM
yes they do have their own fuses i believe, and i think you do have to pull the console to remove them since there most likely is a base that screws around it to hold iot into the dash.

Ian
01-27-2006, 11:31 PM
yes they do have their own fuses i believe, and i think you do have to pull the console to remove them since there most likely is a base that screws around it to hold iot into the dash.

correct on both accounts! :hail:

slayerxxx213
01-28-2006, 09:00 AM
Alright, thanks for the help guys ;)

slayerxxx213
01-28-2006, 11:00 AM
Well, I just took them out...There isn't any fuses on them...I tried paying around with the contacts and they look fine but don't work. The wires also look fine. Anybody got any ideas what could be wrong with them? Everything else electrical works on the car except the cigarette lighter/aux power outlet...

Ian
01-28-2006, 12:33 PM
the fuse wouldnt be on the outlet, it would be with all the other fuses in the fuse block. thats either gonna be under the hood or somewhere under the dash. It should have a description of what each fuse is on the cover of the fuse block, if not, it should be in the owners manual/service manual.

slayerxxx213
01-28-2006, 01:14 PM
Wow, I am retarded...I never realized there was a fuse block on the side of the dash, (I knew there was another fuse block but never thought to look there). A friend pointed it out to me today and hey, what do you know, the fuse was there and it was blown...Anyway, thanks for the help...It's fixed now...Except for the aux power outlet. I can't figure out how I got it out. The hole in the console is too small for it to fit through but I remember it came out easy...Ian, I think I'm the one who should have the "I do stupid things." under my sc, lol. I've never in my life had so many "issues" with something that is so simple.

Ian
01-28-2006, 04:54 PM
Trust me, I am very deserving of my title :lol:

glad you got it fixed, and if the aux outlex came out, it can go back in :wink: