PDA

View Full Version : so now the trans.....

maroman88
01-27-2006, 10:16 PM
ill start from the begining....
i took my car to pat barret transmissions in westwood to get some seals done, i drive it home and notice a wierd noise but thought nothing of it until it got worse, much worse and had the car towed back to pat barret, they tell me there rear is blown to pieces, the car would barely move, so i said ok fix it whatever its stuck there just do it. they fix it and call back saying the trans is majorly screwed up n im like WTF it was fine before just like the rear was fine before, so i go and pick it up and pay my huge ass bill and my mom asked about the trans n hes like its slipping goin into third and i said o yea it always did that a little bit goin into third, so i figure no biggie and take the car, driving home there is NO third gear! just goes from second to neutral and keeps revving, put it in 4th and it acts like 2nd, what the hell are they doin to my car over there, everytime i pick it up something more expensive is broken!?

700R-4 auto with a B&M shifter and shift kit

V
01-28-2006, 12:57 AM
i got an estimate there once, the guy just hooked up his scanner and quoted me $1300 for a rebuild, no way was i going for that. so i had my boss at my old shop scan it and we called the only trans shop we deal with and asked them their opinion. they said the code meant a bad shifter solenoid. so we towed it to that trans shop and 2 hours later we got a call it was done, part was $25 and i gave them $100 for labor. after that i will NEVER recommend pat barret and if anyone asks for a trans shop, i send them to CP transmissions in Little ferry NJ.

maroman88
01-28-2006, 09:24 AM
yea he quoted me 1200$, i am gettin a code on my scanner, code 36 transmission shift fault. i have a friends dad that has a trans shop i could try, he just did my friends jeep tranny