PDA

View Full Version : Water temp gauge?

1QWIKBIRD
02-09-2006, 11:15 PM
I know (or at least am pretty sure) the water temp guage in the 99 and later F-bodys is really more of an idiot light than a gauge. Is there any way to change that, by swapping the sensor? If not, where is a good place to pick up water temp with an aftermarket gauge? I haven't really given a good look yet, but though someone might know. As the motor comes out as a result of a rocker arm failing I am figure now is a good time to make any and all upgrades. I really would like to have an accurate water temp guage for the coming autocross season and maybe an oil temp guage as well?

Thanks
Chris

foff667
02-10-2006, 06:48 AM
the only year thtat is fairly accurate is 98's...currently I dont believe theres anything that you can do to make it accurate.

Tru2Chevy
02-10-2006, 01:54 PM
You'll just have to pick up an aftermarket guage, they usually come with a sender that you can use.

- Justin

deadtrend1
02-11-2006, 10:06 AM
factory guages are more of trim accessories, then accurate methods of monitoring your motor......

Frosty
02-11-2006, 04:12 PM
Yeah the 98 gauge is the only accurate one. You'll need an aftermarket gauge. You'll also need an adapter to be able to put the sending unit into whatever location you're going to use. You can use the spot on the back of the passenger side head or there is a plug by the starter on the bottom of the block.