PDA

View Full Version : Need an alarm

My9225thanni.
02-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Hey erveyone i need to get any alarm on with keyless entry and also one that i can hook up to door poppers so that when i arm the alarm it cuts the juice to the door poppers so the doors can't be open using the buttons on the car. I want one with the LCD screen on it. Whats a good brand name and how much do they usually go for. If someone could help me please e-mail me a carusoe@optonline.net or reply to me on here.

thank you
enrico

bluecobaltss06
02-15-2006, 01:06 PM
I installed the viper 791xv on my gf's truck. Sweet alarm dude, it can literally do anything you want it to, and has the lcd screen. It also has the 2 way responder on it, so if the alarm goes off and your within a 1/2 a mile the remote goes off. But anyway, I picked hers up off ebay for about 225, if you goto best buy or a place like that they want 520! But yeah man, unless you know what you are doing DONT install that yourself. I've done a few simple keyless entries, but nothing like this. It was more in depth than I thought it would be and ended up taking me like 12 hours because at the end it through a check engine light. And diagnosing that took for ever. I realized i forgot to hook up the secondary ignition wire to get power to the trans. I'm lucky it was somthing simple like that...

camaro2you
02-15-2006, 07:10 PM
I installed the viper 791xv on my gf's truck. Sweet alarm dude, it can literally do anything you want it to, and has the lcd screen. It also has the 2 way responder on it, so if the alarm goes off and your within a 1/2 a mile the remote goes off. But anyway, I picked hers up off ebay for about 225, if you goto best buy or a place like that they want 520! But yeah man, unless you know what you are doing DONT install that yourself. I've done a few simple keyless entries, but nothing like this. It was more in depth than I thought it would be and ended up taking me like 12 hours because at the end it through a check engine light. And diagnosing that took for ever. I realized i forgot to hook up the secondary ignition wire to get power to the trans. I'm lucky it was somthing simple like that...

ever do a fbody? i need help figureing out the right wires to splice into for the door locks and the parking lights.

89 Trans Am WS6
02-16-2006, 08:54 PM
Dont ever, for the sake of your car, and your wallet, go to a place like best buy to have an alarm installed.

Unless of course you want 10 ft of extra wire shoved up under your dash and the alarm tapped into your fuel injection harness :D

Already seen the above...and have had to remove the alarm in a few cases at work with cars that had bad driveability problems..

Trying to go back to stock without a diagram of the alarm is fun.

My9225thanni.
02-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Thanx for the suggestions i look into that viper one and stuff thanxs again.