PDA

View Full Version : body shops?

helgrind
02-20-2006, 06:20 PM
Any recommended body shops in the south jersey area? I would be willing to go maybe up central jersey too. :-?

1QWIKBIRD
02-20-2006, 07:13 PM
Any recommended body shops in the south jersey area? I would be willing to go maybe up central jersey too. :-?

here's a recent thread on the mercer count shops? if that helps

http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15091

Chris

198esp1
02-20-2006, 09:30 PM
somebody needs to get to work on that broken car of his :roll: Kenny says his car will be down the track before the firechicken gets back on the road:laugh: Get to work

Frosty
02-20-2006, 10:13 PM
Where in south jersey are you? Are you close to Magnolia?

helgrind
02-21-2006, 12:46 AM
umm, not really too sure; i moved up here only a couple of months ago.. i'm in the manahawkin/tuckerton area.

Frosty
02-21-2006, 06:02 AM
Oh ok, you're in central nj, not south

SkinnerSP
02-21-2006, 09:53 AM
yeah i was gonna tell him to use D+J at Dicks auto, but thats a hike for him.

jims69camaro
02-21-2006, 11:34 AM
he's south - right outside of burlington county, northern atlantic county. near where the jersey devil was born...

1QWIKBIRD
02-21-2006, 04:49 PM
somebody needs to get to work on that broken car of his. Kenny says his car will be down the track before the firechicken gets back on the road. Get to work

yeah...yeah....yeah.....if I'm lucky it will be done by my birthday, if I'm lucky...that's about two months, plenty of time to make everything right.....new rockers, new clutch/flywheel/blowproof bell/saftey loop, mid mount the battery, recoat headers (or upgrade to stainless??), clean up the exhaust, saftey wire the torque arm mount, fix the over axle exhaust pipe (looks crunched), fix the rear end breather issue, quick disconnects for the oil cooler and p/s cooler, 160deg thermostat, aftermarket oil temp and water temp gauges in A/C vents???? cleanup existing wiring for tach, line lock, and fan switch, brakes all the way around, paint the subframe connectors (they aren't looking real pretty) anything I missed??

whoo hooo.....I can't wait.......

now lets look at your bro's list:

finish wiring, finish plumbing the fuel system, finish clutch/slave/bearing install, mount dzus buttons for hood, fire the thing up, exhaust (what little there will be) reinstall dash/guages/interior (no butcher work will be allowed), paint (yup, that's part of the deal he has new front fenders ready to go) and then all the little crap that pops up:nod: ....so if I was a betting man, the smart money is on my firechicken not his camaro, hell, I'd lay odds that the Nova and the firechicken will make it down the 1320
before all that takes place:mrgreen:

ohhh yeah.....

bring it, don't sing it......

Buddha :-)

bad64chevelle
02-21-2006, 07:04 PM
umm, not really too sure; i moved up here only a couple of months ago.. i'm in the manahawkin/tuckerton area.
Nice I used to spend my summers in Manahawkin. My family had a house down there we sold it about 6 years ago though. Its a pretty cool area and always some nice cars rolling around. My dad and I used to bring his 68 GTO down there for the summer and roll around in that alot.

Jon

helgrind
02-21-2006, 10:51 PM
a little bit of a hike isn't that much of a deal for me. hopefully i can get most of the body work done... i can probably trailer/drive it wherever. the close the better ;) how much should i be expecting for paint? maybe a grand or so?

supercharged Lt4
03-15-2006, 04:10 PM
manahawkin/tucketon area huh.. i live in tuckerton.. there is a guy charlies auto body.. hes the best around.. a little costly, but premium work.. he just did my fathers dodge pick up, my dad told him it doesnt have to be perfect being that its a work truck the thing came back brand new. what ever you do DO NOT go to streamline, the guys a dick head. everyone thinks hes real great becase he has a honda s2000 and a roll back done in pearalicent or w/e but those are the only 2 nice cars that came out of that shop, and thats only because there his own. the number is (609)-296-4848