PDA

View Full Version : Dear Santa...

BigAls87Z28
02-25-2006, 10:53 PM
I know its only 10 months away, but....Santa, I want this...

http://www.jimmeyerracing.com/cm1.html

http://www.jimmeyerracing.com/cm1z.jpg

NJSPEEDER
02-25-2006, 11:04 PM
and for only $6495 it can be yours.
the close up shots make teh construction of it look amazing. adjustable tranny mount for anything gm has ever used, bolt holes are all slugged for extra strength, and clearanced for a nice sized wheel.

79CamaroDiva
02-26-2006, 03:13 AM
ill get it for you for christmas, you just have to lend me the $6500 twin tax :)

jims69camaro
02-26-2006, 09:07 AM
man, that's sharp.

Ian
02-26-2006, 01:06 PM
I had a part in making something like that. except the one I helped build was a full frame for an S10 drag truck. very sharp looking indeed. They must make a lot of money off those things, cause there is no way they cost that much to make!

BonzoHansen
02-26-2006, 02:13 PM
They were talking about that frame over at pro-touring and at nastyz28. General consensus is it appears to lack lateral support and may actually use the engine to stiffen the frame. Many of those discussions go over my head. :)

There are a lot of cool sub frames out there. Some use stock parts, other use vette parts (like that one does, IIRC) They guys at pro-touring (and lateral-g) really have had long discussions on them. I want to do something like that in the 77 someday.

Ian
02-26-2006, 02:27 PM
as far as lateral stiffness goes, all you have to do is fab up a "wonderbar" for it and you'd be set. :)

BonzoHansen
02-26-2006, 02:31 PM
A lot comes with the 'package'.
PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Tube A-Arms
- Body mounts, core support, bump bracket mounts, engine/trans mounts-BB or SB
- GM, Baer, or Wilwood Disc Brakes
- QA1 adjustable coilover shocks or AirRide Tech. Shockwave Bags
- Super strong 2x4 box tube construction with beefy tibular structural supports
- 1" dia. anti-sway bar
- Rack & pinion steering

But I shouldn't have to fab a structural part.

Teds89IROC
02-26-2006, 02:31 PM
saixy! ;-)

~Ted

NJSPEEDER
02-26-2006, 06:51 PM
it is constructed with 2x3 box tube, that is far stiffer than the stock "stamp and glue" that 2nd gens got from the factory.
if lateral stiffness becomes an issue the best thing to do would be throw on outrigger tubes from the firewall since you woudl have to get some vertical triangulation to create greater strength anyway.
using the engine as a part of the chassis is not a terrible idea. lots of sportscars have done it for decades. there does have to be some through put into where on the block you are using though. using a motor plate set up that distributes teh force across the end of the block is better than using the facory motor mount location, but the factory mount area will still assist in stiffening.