PDA

View Full Version : electrical gremlins!

maroman88
03-01-2006, 04:07 PM
i have a few bugs to work out with my newly installed TPI system so i can pass emisions and get some gas mileage. i plugged her into my scanner and then a friends 89 trans am, VIN F also, to compare. the differences were that my
-oxygen sensor mVolts is alaways 408, his fluctuated all over the place
-my MAP sensor volts are 1.50, his were around 2.5
-my oxygen sensor is always NOT READY, his was ready after a few minutes of running
-my LEARN CONTROL is always disabled, his was enabled
-my LOOP STATUS is always open, his quickly closed after running for a few minutes

thats all i can think of right now, i just replaced my oxygen sensor but that didnt help, i dunoo wat else to do please hellllllp

also i still have the 350 injectors in the 305 and i was wondering if this could cause some of these problems

i was thinkin about gettin a custom chip burnt for my exact set up, it was a TBI now a TPI, headers, rear end blahblahblah and maybe that would solve some problems

maroman88
03-01-2006, 06:12 PM
ohhhh boyyy ur not guna believe this, when the shop was finishing up my TPI wiring they made a bad ground on the 2 wires that go into the back of the passenger side head.... DUHHHHHHHHHHH grounded it and took it for a quick ride and sure enough things started acting normal, computer is resetting now and ill take it out and see what happens

maroman88
03-01-2006, 10:52 PM
annnnnd code 36 came back, MAF burnoff sensor or some crap....

The Fixer
03-02-2006, 08:09 AM
Check and clean the connections for the MAF burnoff relay (I think that's the code you mean). You may need to replace the relay if that doesn't work. A hint it might be dead is after you turn the car off, you should hear a relay click on, then off like 2 seconds later. If that doesn't happen, then it's time to get the wiring diagram and make sure the relay is getting power at that time. If not, check the wiring. If it is getting power, then you can change the relay.