PDA

View Full Version : State Morons

Sphinx
03-09-2006, 02:44 PM
So my opti spark went bad. and having the small garage i have, it took me over a week just to get the damn harmonic balancer off. My father had to get a puller from work, that was the only way. So i got the MSD cap and rotor kit from jegs, for like $150. now note to get to that, you have to take the water pump off, the emissions dealy thing and the harmonic balancer as well. So i go through all this trouble, and like a month later i finally get it back on the road. LAST night actually. And it went out of inspection last month. So i ran it there glad i got my car back, and when i got there they pulled me in very fast, like 2 minutes, very rare for the south hampton rt 38 station. So i go in, and they check out my ride, being all jealous and ****. They tell me to leave, and they honk the horn, so forth. and then they pull it up on the dyno. Now they ran my car on that dyno for at least 15 god damn minutes. i dont know if the guy liked the way it ran, or just did not want to get out. I noticed 2 cars go through the other lane. Next thing i know, my car starts smoking. Overheated........ the ****er driving it did not want to stop until there was so much smoke in there everyone knew wat happened. Come to find out i forgot to hook my fans back up last night, and the run there was all air cooled, so when he was burning it up on the dyno the car radiator blew up. I gave them so much **** they told me to go wait in my car as it cooled down, they even threatened to call the cops b/c i was going to strangle that mother*****. now i am going to check my engine over to make sure he did not damage it, and if he did, they will hear from me again.

F THIS STATE!!!

Tru2Chevy
03-09-2006, 04:00 PM
That sucks man, but did they know that you forgot to plug the fans back in? That might be a loophole for them to get out of paying for any damages....

- Justin

Oddball
03-09-2006, 04:30 PM
Doesn't their dyno have a fan?

Oh, and the DMV employees are NOT state employees.

camaro2you
03-09-2006, 06:12 PM
make em pay for that ****!!!!

BonzoHansen
03-09-2006, 07:29 PM
Douche bags.

Sphinx
03-10-2006, 08:54 AM
yea its got a fan, they have 2, but neither of them were turned on. I thought the DMV was state workers. Owell, they are just as stupid. It must be that he was jealous, and just wanted to ruin a young kids dream... got a new radiator today, costed $209. I will hand them the bill and let them figure it out.

89 Trans Am WS6
03-10-2006, 06:08 PM
How do you figure that the people working for the DMV arnt state employees?

I know when they come down from the DMV to my shop to go through the paperwork and make sure stuff is being done properly the vans they come in have "state govt" on the plates..

Regardless im sure the DMV stations, like any shop with a Dyno has signs hanging clearly stating that that they are not responsible for damage to the vehicle while it is on the dyno..Granted, the idiot on the dyno should have stopped when he saw the temp gauge rising, but as far as giving the state the bill..i doubt its gonna do anything but be thrown in the trash..sorry dude

Oddball
03-10-2006, 07:51 PM
How do you figure that the people working for the DMV arnt state employees?

I thought as part of the restructuring they "outsourced" many of the inspection work to a third company paid by the state. They are more like "state contractors" as opposed to "state workers" but I could be wrong.

Either way someone should lose their job for frying an engine when it was clearly in distress. Those dyno tests are manual so he could have stopped at any time and failed you for overheating. But I could have swore all dyno tests had to have a fan blowing.

Savage_Messiah
03-12-2006, 07:17 PM
All of the state inspection stations are staffed and ran by a company called Parsons.

The DMV is, in terms of management and employment, seperate.

Good luck, you may be able to get them to pay it but if it were me I would contact a lawyer to make sure

bokey
03-13-2006, 02:53 PM
:stupid: There should be something done. The fans should always be blowing to avoid that issue. As for a sign being posted, I would go back and double check, thats where your loop hole could be. Good luck and keep us updated!

foff667
03-13-2006, 03:50 PM
its called the MVC now guys fwiw...motor vehicle commission...i have no clue if they are state or not but I get money from them for telephone charges so I assume they are in some way related to us :shrug: