PDA

View Full Version : BFGoodrich G-Force KDW, New Tread vs. Old Tread?

IROCZBeast
03-14-2006, 06:38 PM
Anyone run these tires?

I think I'm going to go with them over the tradtional BFG G-force Sports for more handling?

Let me know what you think.

WildBillyT
03-14-2006, 07:28 PM
I've got them, and I love them. Much better than the KDWS in dry and wet weather. But I've only been running them since Dec, so I can't tell you about long term issues.

Rich189
03-14-2006, 08:02 PM
i got them in jan... seem like great tires excellent dry and hook up pretty well for the price.... if you can id go with kdw 2's though (was gonna get them but there was a 2 week back order type thing or some crap like that they gave me)

HardcoreZ28
03-14-2006, 08:09 PM
I have em and I love them. I've had Pirelli's and Bridgestones in the past and these are ten times better than both. Especially in the rain...not that I see much of that with the car.

IROCZBeast
03-14-2006, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the input everyone.

Yea I just realized they only make the traditional tread for 16" wheels.

I definately going to go with them though.

245's all around..

WildBillyT
03-14-2006, 09:18 PM
Huh. I preferred the traditional tread... the other pattern looks a bit ricey IMO.

You will love them though. A good tire for sure.

Teds89IROC
03-15-2006, 10:59 AM
Great reviews, I've been planning on getting these as well for the rear in 275 (fronts are still good)

~Ted

coldkilla
03-16-2006, 04:57 PM
I've got them, and I love them. Much better than the KDWS in dry and wet weather. But I've only been running them since Dec, so I can't tell you about long term issues.

I think you mixed that up. the KDWS tires are MADE FOR wet weather, mud and snow so i dont see how the KDW tires could be better in wet weather. the regular versions are the KDW tires. ive got the KDWS tires on my bird, 275 front, 285 rear, cuz its a daily driver and i need wet weather traction although i didnt get to test them in the snow this year since it didnt snow much but the wet traction is good, although i can only compare it to the crap stock tires i had, and the dry traction is ok too although i can break em loose before they start to hook.

Teds89IROC
03-16-2006, 05:01 PM
KDW is (Key Dry Wet), KDWS is (Key Dry Wet Snow)

~Ted

Frosty
03-16-2006, 08:41 PM
I think I'm going with the G-force Sports provided they come in 275/40/17's which I think they do.

WildBillyT
03-16-2006, 08:48 PM
I think you mixed that up. the KDWS tires are MADE FOR wet weather, mud and snow so i dont see how the KDW tires could be better in wet weather. the regular versions are the KDW tires. ive got the KDWS tires on my bird, 275 front, 285 rear, cuz its a daily driver and i need wet weather traction although i didnt get to test them in the snow this year since it didnt snow much but the wet traction is good, although i can only compare it to the crap stock tires i had, and the dry traction is ok too although i can break em loose before they start to hook.

No sir, I do not.

As stated above,

DWS = Dry Wet Snow
DW = Dry Wet
D = Dry

You may be mixing up the KD and KDW... the KD's are listed as AWESOME in dry conditions but marginal in the rain. It is my personal opinion that the KDWS is good in the dry, wet, and snow but not great at anything.

BonzoHansen
03-17-2006, 02:17 PM
What Billy says is how I understand it too. I’ve heard the K is often referred to at BFG as ‘killer’, as in killer dry.

IROCZBeast
03-18-2006, 06:58 AM
well just ordered them yesterday $153.00 a tire with installation. should have them for next weekend.

BigAls87Z28
03-26-2006, 12:49 AM
Wait...which tires did you order? And from where?

ttpctsv
03-27-2006, 06:19 PM
bfg drags for rear 275 35 18

BigAls87Z28
03-29-2006, 06:35 PM
BFG Drag Radials 275/35-18 $204.24 a pop plus 10% discount.

IROCZBeast
03-31-2006, 05:57 AM
already got them, very nice tires.

i felt the difference in handling right away thanks to a route 3 run.. :lol:

I got them costo.

Al what do you think about the bfg drags, I'm looking to slap a pair of bfg drag radials on a pair set of salad shooters for the track and those late nights on route 19..

I really don't want something that hooks to hard after all I'm still running a stock 10 bolt.

Tru2Chevy
03-31-2006, 09:55 AM
BFG's hook very well, if you are looking for something just a little better than your average street tire, Nittos will be your best bet...

- Justin

IcemanSS
03-31-2006, 11:29 AM
Tru2chevy is correct. I have not ran my BFGS down the track yet, that will change tomorrow. but as far as a street tire is concerned I think they really suck. My nittos lasted much longer, and after some monster burnouts, I still had tread left on them. The Bfgs have not lasted me half as long, and are about bald. Note, a wise man once told me that they are at their best when they are almost bald. We shall see.:confused:

slugger27nj
03-31-2006, 11:48 AM
I have the KDWS and they've been great. I think I may go to the KD or KDW next since I have the beater now and don't drive the Z-28 in the rain or snow anymore.

The Bfgs have not lasted me half as long, and are about bald.
Maybe if you didn't drive like a nut all the time they might have lasted longer.......j/k:drive:

Tru2Chevy
03-31-2006, 12:47 PM
Note, a wise man once told me that they are at their best when they are almost bald. We shall see.:confused:

We noticed that on Little G's Camaro. The best traction from those tires was right before they corded.

- Justin

BigAls87Z28
04-03-2006, 03:16 AM
What most tire manufactures do is comprise tires of 2 different compounds, the first layer is of a sure grip compound but since there is a lot of tread, it uses the deep tread for good contact. After about 50% wear, you break into the 2nd level of rubber that is even better for grip to keep the same if not better traction then you had whent he tires were new, therefor never giving the driver the feeilng of a poor tire after 50% worn.

Tru2Chevy
04-03-2006, 10:50 AM
What most tire manufactures do is comprise tires of 2 different compounds, the first layer is of a sure grip compound but since there is a lot of tread, it uses the deep tread for good contact. After about 50% wear, you break into the 2nd level of rubber that is even better for grip to keep the same if not better traction then you had whent he tires were new, therefor never giving the driver the feeilng of a poor tire after 50% worn.

We are talking about Drag Radials Al. They don't rely on deep tread for traction, just the rubber compound.

- Justin